Very satisfying, but not without issues.
By Darkness on
1996 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan
I purchased this vehicle with 26,600 miles in September 20009. Previous car was a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant. My particular example has had some issues. Two weeks after purchase, engine started misfiring but only at under 5 MPH. Replaced plugs, wires, etc. didn't fix it. At this point I've gotten used to it and don't want to put more money into it. Keyless entry stopped working for no reason. The car gets poor fuel economy (probably related to the misfire), around 10 in the city and 19 on the highway. Still, this is a very satisfying car to drive. Plenty of power and space for 5 adults (front center position is a squeeze). Trunk is immense.
Favorite Features
Lots of interior space, very powerful car for its size. Great digital display has useful information such as oil life, battery voltage, MPG, fuel used, and more. Air conditioning and heat work very well. Nice exterior styling.
Suggested Improvements
Northstar system comes with its share of problems, should have used the LT1 like the Fleetwood and Caprice. Premium fuel only means lots of cash spent at the gas station. Ride can get slightly buoyant at higher speeds.
By oldman742
on 12/16/14 06:27 AM (PST)

I have a 96 Deville;there is a fuel system recall on this car from about 2004.The remote key pops open to change battery,,2032 I think,,and I found,strangely,that the interior surfaces get somehow very greasy and affect contact.