1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Cadillac: Like Nothing Else
By L. J. Simmons on 04/24/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ever since I was three years old, my dad said I had always wanted a Cadillac. Now that I am actually driving one, I can see why. Cadillac is the standard of the world in the automobile industry. The Northstar provides superb power, while still delivering suprising fuel economy for a V-8. The interior is spacious, comfortable, and extremely user friendly. All controls are easy to access, and straightfoward labels inform the user of the control's function. Self service is even a breeze, with some innstructions placed in the owner's manual. The exterior is beautifully designed, with an agressive front end, and crisp, clean lines. I am completely satisfied with my Deville. Long Live Cadillac!!

Muscle with Style
By Travis H on 11/12/08 07:50 AM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just love this car. This Caddy runs and drives like new. I enjoy driving it. Unbelievable power and smooth acceleration

Best Caddie Made
By EL Jo on 01/31/08 16:57 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car across country every year year from 1998 thru 2003. Its is unsurpassed in both comfort and power. At times I have driven faster than the posted speed limits. I have been buying Caddies since 1975. It's not my only or newest car but it remains my favorite.

Still Strong After 11 Years
By Ken on 03/11/07 09:17 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

I cannot believe how strong of a runner this car is. I purchased it from the original owner. Every option still works! It has a lot of power for the ride. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Cadillac Impressions
By Paul Elzey on 03/01/07 23:43 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

Since the day of purchase, I have been very pleased with this automobile. The styling is simple beauty, the performance via the Northstar engine is superb without sacrificing fuel economy, which runs about 23 mpg avg. The interior has a very high level of luxury and one can drive this automobile all day without tiring.

Keep it or sell it?
By RegRanger on 11/06/05 18:49 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1996 Cadillac DeVille used in9/04. It had nearly 100,000 miles on it. I had problems right off with misfiring, which ended up being faulty plug wires (which had just been replaced??). I'm glad that I didn't have to pay for them! Also, the air conditioning didn't work. It took $200 to find a bad wire! Have put 20,000 miles on it since then without any major issues, which is a good thing because it costs a boat load to fix the thing! The previous owner burned 87 octane fuel and so have we-don't notice any performance difference even when we did try the expensive gasoline.

Cadillac evaluation
By conley marcum on 07/18/05 22:25 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

We have had a great experience overall with this car. It rides great, excellent road car, comfortable, very clean, only one very slight scratch. We have moved to city and wife is not comfortable driving it in close quarters. Currently is in need of an alternator. This is the only real trouble we have had with it. We recently replaced brakes and roters.

Northstar meets spacious luxury
By AJM on 12/14/04 21:47 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Some might consider the 1996 Cadillac DeVille too large, or a "gas hog," however the true enjoyment is experienced when making a statement driving down the road in superior comfort knowing you could "trash" 95% of the competition in acceleration and comfort. this car is one of America's finest.

Awesome Power &Luxery
By Rikki on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

Wow what power and ride is the best on the open road 32 vavle Northstar gets 17 in the city and 26 on the highway average. Best Caddy ever built.

i love this car
By sblack on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

this is my favourite vehicle i've ever had it drives so smoothly i commute 50 mile a day and love every minute