Used 1996 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

1996 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Reliability, Power & Good Mileage
By Rick W.

1996 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This is our 3rd Caddy. Purchased this one 9 years ago when it had 26k on it. Now has 64k. (we have 3 other vehicles) No major problems at all. As with the other reviews, excellent power, can easily get 26-27 MPG. When it's cleaned and waxed it still turns heads!

Favorite Features

It keeps up with traffic wonderfully. Plenty of passing power.

Suggested Improvements

Fit & Finish could be better. After 14 years it has some rattles, but with only 64k on it it shouldn't have.

Awesome Ride
By Lee

1996 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car with less than 10k on it and have put nearly 75k on it since then. The comfort and power are exceptional, as is the gas mileage. At nearly 24-28mpg, there is not another comparable vehicle even made today. No outrageous problems or issues with anything. It still turns heads and blows doors off of "wannabee's". Absolutely Awesome Ride. Hope to keep it another 10 years!

Favorite Features

The Northstar, of course. Also, the comfort. It's like sitting in your favorite Lay-Z-Boy, but going 70mph.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I wish Cadillac would have done was to add a few more 'cubby-holes'. You know, places to put stuff (iPod, Cellphone...).

Better have deep pockets or skills
By StillRidinClean

1996 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Bought my first and highly sought after Caddy. Almost half below market value but with an AC problem. $120 got me a small part and fill, AC works fine. Love to drive this beauty around and have fallen in love with the Northstar. Ive also won me a fair share of races, lol. But problems started occuring. Engine overheating (Was lucky enough to have friend fix), Serpentine belt (lost control of steering) $80, and just the other day the car would'nt start despite a full charged battery. Did I mention the car is now accelerating funny, transmission? So, If you are skilled enough to do your own work you are going to love this car. If you're going to considering buying, be sure to check history.

Favorite Features

Up to 27-28 mpg highway. Bot quite Pruis but good for a guzzler. Handling The power of the Northstar Outside design, althogh most people refer to it as a boat, the car isn't exactly an eye sore like an Aztec or Scion. Comfort. Great for long drives. Safe engine mode

Suggested Improvements

Armrest lid and cupholder broken Cost of maintenance is high 93 octane is too expensive Burns oil fast

The Cadillac Deville
By Caddy man

1996 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this vehicle, I expected only the best, considering it was a Cadillac, and I had heard nothing but good about the brand. I was not disappointed. Other than regular maintenance, I have had absolutely no trouble with my Cadillac, and I just love it. The Deville runs clean, very quiet, and smooth. It will start rigth up, even in -15F weather! The Northstar is fabulous. The responsive and agressive acceleration can likely blow the doors off of anything on the road. Gas mileage is exceptional for a car this size. The interior is superb. There is legroom abound inside the Deville. In all, the Deville is an excellent car all-around. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Favorite Features

32 Valve Northstar V8, Leather power heated seats, aluminum rims, everything.

Suggested Improvements

Cadillic should put a full size spare in their large sedans. The "convenience" spare is not worth the time, energy, or space. They are worthless.

Still love mine
By David Hord

1996 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought my Caddie in 2001 with 34000 miles on it. I know have 16000 and hope to make it to 250000. I still love this car. My occasional repairs have been expensive, but worth the investment. I hope to luck into another one in a few years.