1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
1996 base - Great car
By don2037 on 01/26/13 07:53 AM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great car, creme color, which is interesting, depending on lighting situation can appear white with tinge of pink, egg-shell, or light tan. Beautiful car, although the front end could have been a little designed more distinctive, kind of reminds me of a chevy with a cadillac emblem. lol. Runs great, good acceleration and breaking, I like cluster guages, right in front of your eyes, no looking all over dash for emergency lignts, wonderful seating, posh; There's just something about a cadillac, it's hard to verbalize, but you know when you are in one, that special feeling you get, especially with these older models. Very easy to drive and park. Maintence is expensive.

Major Repair Experience
By Jim on 08/29/10 13:38 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought with about 58k miles. Very good ride and fuel mileage; strong and plenty of power. Seemed the perfect car until 68k miles. Between 68k miles and 72k miles replaced transmission, air struts, and fuel injection pump. I rated down the reliability due to the mechanical failures, but now repaired, I am back to trusting it's dependability. The problems were caught before breaking down on the road. Transmission metal and seal fragments were found on filter and oil change; struts were flat and wearing rear tires severely and unevenly, and; fuel injection was causing erratic and surging RPM, and a couple stalls.

Very satisfying, but not without issues.
By Darkness on 01/28/10 04:56 AM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with 26,600 miles in September 20009. Previous car was a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant. My particular example has had some issues. Two weeks after purchase, engine started misfiring but only at under 5 MPH. Replaced plugs, wires, etc. didn't fix it. At this point I've gotten used to it and don't want to put more money into it. Keyless entry stopped working for no reason. The car gets poor fuel economy (probably related to the misfire), around 10 in the city and 19 on the highway. Still, this is a very satisfying car to drive. Plenty of power and space for 5 adults (front center position is a squeeze). Trunk is immense.

Reliability, Power & Good Mileage
By Rick W. on 11/16/09 13:48 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is our 3rd Caddy. Purchased this one 9 years ago when it had 26k on it. Now has 64k. (we have 3 other vehicles) No major problems at all. As with the other reviews, excellent power, can easily get 26-27 MPG. When it's cleaned and waxed it still turns heads!

Awesome Ride
By Lee on 07/30/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car with less than 10k on it and have put nearly 75k on it since then. The comfort and power are exceptional, as is the gas mileage. At nearly 24-28mpg, there is not another comparable vehicle even made today. No outrageous problems or issues with anything. It still turns heads and blows doors off of "wannabee's". Absolutely Awesome Ride. Hope to keep it another 10 years!

Better have deep pockets or skills
By StillRidinClean on 06/23/09 15:59 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my first and highly sought after Caddy. Almost half below market value but with an AC problem. $120 got me a small part and fill, AC works fine. Love to drive this beauty around and have fallen in love with the Northstar. Ive also won me a fair share of races, lol. But problems started occuring. Engine overheating (Was lucky enough to have friend fix), Serpentine belt (lost control of steering) $80, and just the other day the car would'nt start despite a full charged battery. Did I mention the car is now accelerating funny, transmission? So, If you are skilled enough to do your own work you are going to love this car. If you're going to considering buying, be sure to check history.

The Cadillac Deville
By Caddy man on 06/15/09 23:08 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this vehicle, I expected only the best, considering it was a Cadillac, and I had heard nothing but good about the brand. I was not disappointed. Other than regular maintenance, I have had absolutely no trouble with my Cadillac, and I just love it. The Deville runs clean, very quiet, and smooth. It will start rigth up, even in -15F weather! The Northstar is fabulous. The responsive and agressive acceleration can likely blow the doors off of anything on the road. Gas mileage is exceptional for a car this size. The interior is superb. There is legroom abound inside the Deville. In all, the Deville is an excellent car all-around. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Still love mine
By David Hord on 05/05/09 11:18 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Caddie in 2001 with 34000 miles on it. I know have 16000 and hope to make it to 250000. I still love this car. My occasional repairs have been expensive, but worth the investment. I hope to luck into another one in a few years.

Cadillac: Like Nothing Else
By L. J. Simmons on 04/24/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ever since I was three years old, my dad said I had always wanted a Cadillac. Now that I am actually driving one, I can see why. Cadillac is the standard of the world in the automobile industry. The Northstar provides superb power, while still delivering suprising fuel economy for a V-8. The interior is spacious, comfortable, and extremely user friendly. All controls are easy to access, and straightfoward labels inform the user of the control's function. Self service is even a breeze, with some innstructions placed in the owner's manual. The exterior is beautifully designed, with an agressive front end, and crisp, clean lines. I am completely satisfied with my Deville. Long Live Cadillac!!

Muscle with Style
By Travis H on 11/12/08 07:50 AM (PST)

1996 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just love this car. This Caddy runs and drives like new. I enjoy driving it. Unbelievable power and smooth acceleration