Used 1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Real American Car
By Gunther on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought it with 78k miles, in nice shape. Unfortunaltely had to have air suspension (struts) and starter engine replaced. Thereafter - fun to ride. One of the few real American Cars left, although w/ front-wheel drive it's safe enough for Cleveland winters. Agreed - controls for A/C could be better, also the performance of the 4.9ltr 200hp engine, however heating and cooling is fast and this is a car for cruising anyway. Roomy, safe and comfy. Towncars do not have the flat trunk, nor the front wheel drive.

Best of all..........it's a Cadillac
By Pauley Walnuts on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my Cadillac from a Jaguar/BMW/Mercedes Dealer on a trade from a little old lady who bought a new Jaguar convertible. Of course, the dealership didn't want an American car so I got it for a steal. I've owned Fleetwoods, Sevilles, Lincoln Town Cars, Continentals and Mercedes coupes and this is the best all around vehicle that I've owned/driven. Maintenance is very low. Other than tires, a battery, brakes and a minor exhaust job, I have had no problems. Change the oil every 3K and you'll get about 22 mpg on the hiway, average about 20. Not bad for a high end luxury ride with a 4.9L engine.

Unibody Cadillacs are Bad Cars
By 1995 Cadillac on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I had a 1991 that stalled while I was driving it so I traded it in with 65,000 miles to buy the 1995 as no one could repair the hazzardous problem. The 1995 deville did the exact same thing at 73,000 miles and it stalled while your driving it at highway and local speeds. This is a hazzard that all cars should be recalled. Horrible cars that look great. Buy a Lincoln towncar, they go forever and are safer cars.

6 great years
By caddyart on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

bought this car new, a few problems during warranty period, none since, great comfortable cruiser, quietly powerful, my wife and I love it for short trips and even more for long trips and so far we have only had to put on new brakes and tires. A wonderful car!

Bad CADDY GAS eater fall apart on you
By CadMan on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

this car is nothing but problems i bought it with 11000 milles in 96 and even then it gave me problems. i just cant afford to buy anything else so ive stayed with it its been at the shop every other month. the car is too big and heavy for its own good it takes the whole 8 cillinders to move it and not even that fast. 20,000 dollar less Honda's pass me by all day every day. and for allot less gas too. I dont even like to go fast its too expensive. and forget paking in compact.Paint job sucks the entire hood is full of dings from rocks.

Cadillac Style
By caddyman on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my Deville with less than 20K miles on it from a Jaguar dealership through a recent trade. I use it as a commuter car, driving mostly highway miles, and get approximately 23 miles per gallon with a 5.0 engine. Other than tires and oil changes and a recent brake job, I have had no other problems. It drives as if you are gliding on air and it's quiet and comfortable leather. I have had Caddy's in the past...Sevilles, Broughams, Fleetwoods but this one tops them all for reliability and comfort. I highly recommend this vehicle.

95 Caddy DeVille
By hilltopper on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great comfortable car. I've had it for 7 years and it has performed like a dream.

Good Car
By Cadillac Driver on 02/27/02 13:46 PM (PST)

1995 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased the vehicle new. The ride and performance are outstanding. The car is beautiful. My only complaint is excessive (for a Cadillac) wind noise.