Used 1995 Cadillac DeVille Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

1995 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Not worth it!
By orangeavenf

1995 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This '95 was a pretty lady that turned on me! This car is horrible. I bought car with 95,000 miles, drove it for about 2,000 miles, and ever since it's spent more time in the shop than on the road. The reliability is on par with a 1970's snowmobile. I spent $600 replacing transmission solenoids, $300 on a starter, fixed a broken engine mount, a rusted metal coolant line, and now my mechanic can't get the Service Ride Control message to go away, leaving me stuck with a car that's worth $1,000 or putting another $1,000 into modifying the air suspension. It's just a bad choice that's led to a terrible experience. I wouldn't do it again!

Favorite Features

It is a comfortable car, but the costly repairs and time in the shop isn't worth the comfort.

Suggested Improvements

1. you will probably have to fix the transmission solenoids. 2. The "Service Engine" light will be on almost continuously. Some turn out to be things that are minor, but you can't ignore it. Case in point, had I continued to drive the car with the bad transmission solenoids that set off the warning, I could have wrecked my transmission. 4. Its virtually certain that you will have issues with the air ride system--plan on a $1,000 fix. 5. I can't recommend this car! I bought the car expecting some higher repairs, but this isn't even possible. I would love to push it off a 1,000 foot cliff.

lovemytank
By Gingin66

1995 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I am so spoiled by the ride of this car. So smooth, so easy to handle. So quiet a whisper can be heard. Very stylish and somewhat timeless exterior. I felt so safe inside that car. In 10 years it never let me down. Only replaced ac fan. Had minor problem with abs system which fixed itself if I turned car off and restarted it, that's all. In ten years! Hardly used oil reasonable gas mileage. I sold it to buy new cts. Big mistake, no problems with cts but really noisy ride and uncomfortable. Kept thinking I'd get used to it but alas, . I miss my old caddie every day which is why I'm here on this site checking reviews on the 2002 dts.

Favorite Features

I loved the auto latch trunk feature. I also liked the interior fuel door release latch. That huuuge trunk was great too.

Suggested Improvements

none

Great Car!!!
By Richard

1995 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I love mine very few problems with it. I paid 5000 dollars for it used with only 28k miles on it and it was the best money I could spend it gets me to and from my work and two jobs I also use it for leisure travel on occasion and with all the time I spend in a car it starts to hurt my back in this car I rarely fell discomfort even after many hours. the only real down fall is when gas went up to 5 dollars a gallon and it cost me $120 a tank to fill it up, I can't say enough about how much I love mine

Favorite Features

cruise control is easy to use with one little button it is fairly old but still has a keyless entery system and lights that turn them self off and on automatically, a traction system making it easy to stay on windy or winding roads and a parking brake that releases when the car is in drive.

Suggested Improvements

do any thing that you can to improve fuel economy stp fuel additive for gas mileage improvement and a quality washable air filter like air hog will help and give you even more power. keep it in good condition and it will run forever but you cant treat it like a honda or it will give out

Nice ride but
By tjh

1995 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Been a Caddy guy for 10 years. Car runs great, but in two years I changed the alternator twice, the water pump twice and now its the a/c compressor and the heater core needs to be replaced. Car has been nickel and diming me, but when it is running, it runs great.

Favorite Features

Smooth comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Better braking.

Great rider
By Very little problems

1995 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car almost 10 years ago used and I am very happy with the service life of this model car. This car is solid throughout. It looked great back then and it still does today. The finish on the car is still lustrous. The interior is also holding up. No crumbling of any kind like the Cadillacs of the past just normal wear and tear.

Favorite Features

What made me buy this car was the ride. Excellent ride on all roads and best on the highway. Plenty of room for six and a gigantic trunk. My car has the 4.9L engine and it has 168,000 miles and everything still runs strong. Only thing relaced was the suspension/ball- joints and alternator.

Suggested Improvements

I have been lucky as of so far with no major engine/trans problems. I have been keeping up with the maintenance on this car maybe thats why its lasted this long. One thing that is very expensive to replace is the suspension. I had a passive system put in from strut masters and the ride is Cadillac!