1994 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Over all performance of Cadillac
By Thomas on 12/02/09 12:01 PM (PST)

1994 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This model is high performance in comfort, style and dependability. For 15 years it has been well maintained and in very good shape. The best looking car on the road even today! White Deamond exterior with tan leather roof. Interior is light tan and comfortabel for travel. Needs some computer adjustments but all in all excellent car.

good deal!
By don on 07/31/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Bought this 94 when i returned from Kuwait. Had sold a 93 Fleetwood I'd had the yr before deploying. 94 get's better MPG city and hwy and is a better ride. All options worked and have continued too. Have over 140k miles on it with only base repairs based on mileage. Driven RT across country will NO problems. The only "strange" thing is the engine backfires and gets sluggish for no apparent reason and with no regularity. No the FI, or plugs/wires. Once it starts cannot accelerate. I pull over and cut the engine, re-start and no more problems, until it's next time to do it.

1994 Cadi
By Jerry on 05/26/08 10:05 AM (PDT)

1994 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Purchased the vehicle with 34,000 miles on it. Vehicle looked perfect, but had a poor heating system during the cold months. Coolant was leaking and spent over $500 to fix the gasket. Then started leaking in another place. I would think Cadillac would have done something to prevent this, after all the great things I thought I heard about their vehicles. Will never own another one, way to expensive to keep running, and could not trust the vehicle on the road.

OK luxury sedan
By kialover15 on 02/09/08 14:01 PM (PST)

1994 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

My grandparents have a 1994 Cadillc Deville, it is getting old and losing its charm, but it is basicly a good car. The seats are getting lower and lower, but they are comfortable. The ride is a little rough too. Gas mileage is only good on the express ways though, in the city we average of about 15.5 mpg. The side mirrors need to be larger for such a big car. Nothing ever seems to go wrong with it though, never had to change a light in it, never had engine problems, guess that is why we still have it 15 years later.

My Caddy
By ARIAS on 04/03/07 00:27 AM (PDT)

1994 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

My high school gift. I bought the car used with 53,000 miles. Was very happy. It had the power and space, but at 72,000 miles coolant was leaking into the engine. It over heated when the engine was at high RPM's. Found out that coolant leaked through a broken head. There was nothing we can do to fix it. I had to buy another motor in order to keep it running. Now the transmission doesn't shift smoothly. Car shakes when braking. Gives out horrible MPG, avg at 12 MPG.

Grrreat Car
By Jim T. on 02/27/06 09:59 AM (PST)

1994 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used from a local dealer. It's one of the most powerful and comfortable vehicles I have ever owned. Besides its power and comfort, it drives like a sports car hugging curves like a Porsche or BMW. It has trunk space sufficient to hold the contents of a FedEx delivery van. There's also more interior room than most roadside motel rooms I've stayed at over the years.

My Second One
By joeinoc on 11/25/05 00:42 AM (PST)

1994 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I have two 1994 Cadillac Deville's. I have a bright purple one and a recently purchased silver one. I love these cars! The purple one has 200,000 miles on it and the silver one has 125,000. I love the ride and room. I have had to replace the water pump on both a couple of times. I have no idea why, everything else works well.

1994 Cadillac DeVille
By Emil on 08/18/05 08:25 AM (PDT)

1994 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

It was very economic in highway... if you drive slowly (say at 55 mph), you can get even close to 28 mpg, unbelievable... I usually get around 22 in highway, because I drive at 70 and 75 mph. When I go really fast, it comes down to 20 mpg. In city, it depends, average I would say would be aroune 16, 17 which is not bad for a big car as a Cadillac.

Very Good
By glomart on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Original owners and only drivers always garaged and well maintained according to manufacturer's service recommendations. Interior is immaculate, paint is pearl white.

computercodecaddy
By lou from jersey on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

I have had several electrical issues, computer codes (service codes)pop up often, cost some money just to find out what's wrong, due to complicated Diagnostic.