Used 1993 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Most Helpful|
Supernatural
By webter

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

When people ask how this car has treated me, I tell them that this car is special; it can do anything. Super comfortable inside, exceptional under the hood, beautiful on the outside. It has so much power, and being so low to the ground makes it seem like a sports car. In terms of reliability, this car is a great example of American quality. I bought it with 97K miles on it and put 15K the first year with no problems. Only one repair ever (water pump pulley), which apparently was done incorrectly the first time. The mileage isn't great, but can vary widely. I got up to 35 mpg on a trip to Vegas. I intend to drive this car until there's no more miles it can handle. I absolutely love this car.

Favorite Features

The transmission shifts elegantly, great power, very attractive exterior, nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

The weather sealant where the chrome meets the mock top dissolves when I wash the car (but at 20 years of age, that's understandable).

Greatest caddy i have ever owned!!
By mycaddy

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my car at 99,000 miles at 101,000 miles the trans went out on me 4.9L great motor lots of power,comfort and interior styling love the car not bad on gas mileage but not great. handling and brakes are great a lot of trunk room not expensive to maintain great motor though i really love this car and is gonna restore it to like brand new it's white with a blue top and blue interior love my caddy!

Favorite Features

Very quiet leather seats,lots of power real head turner.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs to be improved i've just got mine rebuilt at 101,000 miles and getting a lifetime warranty for it.

Query about stalling problem
By Gene Milligan

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Love my Caddy and intend to drive it until I kick off; however, it has a stalling problem. When driving, the engine stops. It re-starts again, but eventually dies for extended time before starting again (hour..). I have had it in 3 shops and still have the problem. Has anyone solved this problem? I have met one other owner who had the same problem.

Favorite Features

The ride and comfort - just absolutely love it.

Suggested Improvements

Engine problem described above. Gas mileage could be better, especially

Wow, what a car !!
By Barbara Rossetto

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Cadillac Sedan de Ville for 14+ years and consider it the finest car I have ever owned. I have never had to perform anything but normal maintenance on this beautiful vehicle, have taken many major road trips in it in utmost comfort and safety, and enjoy it every day for normal in-town driving around Los Angeles. Always a pleasure to enter, its tasteful interior gives my passengers a sense of spacious comfort unmatched in any other car. I love this car today just as much as I did when I drove it out of Casa de Cadillac in 1994. Faithful oil changes, brake service, align, etc. and keep it forever! After 157K miles, still Five Star !

Favorite Features

huge passenger area, huge trunk, timeless styling, beautiful leather interior, fab split bench seat in front with storage arm rest, great dash amenities, super a/c & heat, and love the outside temp & service-needed readouts. You just gotta love this car.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I would add is an inside- the-vehicle temperature readout. (I put my own thermometer inside.) Otherwise, perfect as is. I cannot recommend this car highly enough. At age 15, it still rocks!

1993 Caillac deville
By idunno12000

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ok so i needed a used car for cheap. I get my caddy and it runs good. It had about 100k miles on it and it still ran like new. The only issue with my car is the heat and air. Neither work! Also At 121k miles the tranny is failing on me. First gear is messed bad. Also the color around the bottom is starting to peal off bc it is some weird type of paint. Besides that i love my car. It has a powerful V8 and i just love the look. Also i love the space it provides. The seats are very comfortable and very adjustable. I believe this is a great car for anyone to buy. Just don't peel out all the time like me and ruined the tranny.

Favorite Features

Comfort and room

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission and better fuel economy