Used 1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Supernatural
By webter

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

When people ask how this car has treated me, I tell them that this car is special; it can do anything. Super comfortable inside, exceptional under the hood, beautiful on the outside. It has so much power, and being so low to the ground makes it seem like a sports car. In terms of reliability, this car is a great example of American quality. I bought it with 97K miles on it and put 15K the first year with no problems. Only one repair ever (water pump pulley), which apparently was done incorrectly the first time. The mileage isn't great, but can vary widely. I got up to 35 mpg on a trip to Vegas. I intend to drive this car until there's no more miles it can handle. I absolutely love this car.

Favorite Features

The transmission shifts elegantly, great power, very attractive exterior, nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

The weather sealant where the chrome meets the mock top dissolves when I wash the car (but at 20 years of age, that's understandable).

Great car
By Denver_g

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 76k and its now up to 88k fuel economy is more forgiving than other cars if you drive it right was able to get 38Mpg on round trip from Quincy, IL to Springfield, IL, beautiful flawless metallic high gloss maroon with matching leather, great sound from digital tune radio 7 band EQ and tape, amazing power if anyone is thinking of buying a used mustang lets have a little competition to see which is faster and more comfortable. I feel horrible using this car for every day driving.

Favorite Features

fuel economy has a wide range, if you push it hard you won't get much more than 14 MPG, but if you know how to drive like a pro you can easily get 28 MPG city like i do.

Suggested Improvements

durable paint and leather is not impervious to the sun recommend at keeping in a garage

Query about stalling problem
By Gene Milligan

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Love my Caddy and intend to drive it until I kick off; however, it has a stalling problem. When driving, the engine stops. It re-starts again, but eventually dies for extended time before starting again (hour..). I have had it in 3 shops and still have the problem. Has anyone solved this problem? I have met one other owner who had the same problem.

Favorite Features

The ride and comfort - just absolutely love it.

Suggested Improvements

Engine problem described above. Gas mileage could be better, especially

Greatest caddy i have ever owned!!
By mycaddy

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my car at 99,000 miles at 101,000 miles the trans went out on me 4.9L great motor lots of power,comfort and interior styling love the car not bad on gas mileage but not great. handling and brakes are great a lot of trunk room not expensive to maintain great motor though i really love this car and is gonna restore it to like brand new it's white with a blue top and blue interior love my caddy!

Favorite Features

Very quiet leather seats,lots of power real head turner.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs to be improved i've just got mine rebuilt at 101,000 miles and getting a lifetime warranty for it.

1993 Caillac deville
By idunno12000

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ok so i needed a used car for cheap. I get my caddy and it runs good. It had about 100k miles on it and it still ran like new. The only issue with my car is the heat and air. Neither work! Also At 121k miles the tranny is failing on me. First gear is messed bad. Also the color around the bottom is starting to peal off bc it is some weird type of paint. Besides that i love my car. It has a powerful V8 and i just love the look. Also i love the space it provides. The seats are very comfortable and very adjustable. I believe this is a great car for anyone to buy. Just don't peel out all the time like me and ruined the tranny.

Favorite Features

Comfort and room

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission and better fuel economy