1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Supernatural
By webter on 04/25/13 13:59 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

When people ask how this car has treated me, I tell them that this car is special; it can do anything. Super comfortable inside, exceptional under the hood, beautiful on the outside. It has so much power, and being so low to the ground makes it seem like a sports car. In terms of reliability, this car is a great example of American quality. I bought it with 97K miles on it and put 15K the first year with no problems. Only one repair ever (water pump pulley), which apparently was done incorrectly the first time. The mileage isn't great, but can vary widely. I got up to 35 mpg on a trip to Vegas. I intend to drive this car until there's no more miles it can handle. I absolutely love this car.

Great car
By Denver_g on 06/07/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 76k and its now up to 88k fuel economy is more forgiving than other cars if you drive it right was able to get 38Mpg on round trip from Quincy, IL to Springfield, IL, beautiful flawless metallic high gloss maroon with matching leather, great sound from digital tune radio 7 band EQ and tape, amazing power if anyone is thinking of buying a used mustang lets have a little competition to see which is faster and more comfortable. I feel horrible using this car for every day driving.

Query about stalling problem
By Gene Milligan on 10/14/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Love my Caddy and intend to drive it until I kick off; however, it has a stalling problem. When driving, the engine stops. It re-starts again, but eventually dies for extended time before starting again (hour..). I have had it in 3 shops and still have the problem. Has anyone solved this problem? I have met one other owner who had the same problem.

Greatest caddy i have ever owned!!
By mycaddy on 09/03/09 14:54 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my car at 99,000 miles at 101,000 miles the trans went out on me 4.9L great motor lots of power,comfort and interior styling love the car not bad on gas mileage but not great. handling and brakes are great a lot of trunk room not expensive to maintain great motor though i really love this car and is gonna restore it to like brand new it's white with a blue top and blue interior love my caddy!

1993 Caillac deville
By idunno12000 on 03/29/09 22:28 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ok so i needed a used car for cheap. I get my caddy and it runs good. It had about 100k miles on it and it still ran like new. The only issue with my car is the heat and air. Neither work! Also At 121k miles the tranny is failing on me. First gear is messed bad. Also the color around the bottom is starting to peal off bc it is some weird type of paint. Besides that i love my car. It has a powerful V8 and i just love the look. Also i love the space it provides. The seats are very comfortable and very adjustable. I believe this is a great car for anyone to buy. Just don't peel out all the time like me and ruined the tranny.

Wow, what a car !!
By Barbara Rossetto on 03/20/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Cadillac Sedan de Ville for 14+ years and consider it the finest car I have ever owned. I have never had to perform anything but normal maintenance on this beautiful vehicle, have taken many major road trips in it in utmost comfort and safety, and enjoy it every day for normal in-town driving around Los Angeles. Always a pleasure to enter, its tasteful interior gives my passengers a sense of spacious comfort unmatched in any other car. I love this car today just as much as I did when I drove it out of Casa de Cadillac in 1994. Faithful oil changes, brake service, align, etc. and keep it forever! After 157K miles, still Five Star !

Another GM Turkey
By Bigguy on 01/08/09 13:07 PM (PST)

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Well, it;s sitting in the driveway waiting for a recycle dealer to pick it up. The tranny went out for a second time and I ain't gonna put any more money into it. The car has 85k miles, the tranny went out at 60K. Shop says these 90's model V8 FWD's are prone to tearing the tranny up, poor design by GM. Another problem has been the battery- it seems all the fancy electronics, especially the "Load leveling system" drain the battery and cause premature failure there too.

Old School Style
By big dog on 09/11/08 20:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I found this car with less than 40K miles. It's old school style,a true cruiser. The V-8 power is great. Brakes and handling - NOT. A very comfortable and safe ride w/ style. If you can get one with under 80K miles it's a steal. Just realize it's a classic 1993 Cadillac.

Very easy to live with
By JayKinFL on 07/15/08 05:37 AM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Cadillac introduced an all-new front-drive Deville for 1985. The car received an extensive update for 1989, and another mild facelift in 1991. The 1993 model was the last year before the 1994 re-design. Acceleration is remarkable for a large front-drive vehicle, and the interior room is hard to beat. Drivers of all sizes should be able to find a way to get comfortable. The overall design has held up very well, and the '91 - '93 Deville still looks contemporary today. Composite front fenders have found themselves to be prone to cracking, and rust through on the A-pillar (particularly at the front-door hinges) is something to look for. Because of a long model run, used parts are plentiful.

Excellant Car
By Steve on 11/21/06 10:44 AM (PST)

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car three years ago with 169,000 miles. I was impressed that it was so quiet and felt very tight. It has no squeaks or rattles. I now have 219,000 miles and it's still tight. I have done minimum maintenance, just tires, brakes, and a new set of plugs. The interior is very comfortable with it's living room type leather seats. The sound system is great. I recently updated with a CD player. The speakers still sound wonderful. I have always changed the oil every 3,000 miles or if I use synthetic every 6,000 - 7,000 miles. This Caddy is even good in the snow with it's front wheel drive. I hope to get to 300,000 miles out of it and I believe I will.