1992 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

1992 DeVille Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Sort Reviews by

Very Reliable Car
By bcgrizzard

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This Sedan Deville has been nothing but good to me. I have taken it on multiple 2 to 3 trips and is my daily driver. It has had almost everything replaced on it but you have to realize that this car is 20 years old. With that being said, the car drives smooth with no real engine problems other than consumption of coolant, which is to be expected with older cars. Gas mileage is right around 16 in the city and 19 on the highway! Would recommend this car if in great to good condition!

Favorite Features

Smooth highway driving For being a 20 year old car the sound system is superb Plenty of space to sit, front and back. Trunk space is very large

Suggested Improvements

Not a fan of the digital gas gauges, as they tend to go out.

My Dream Car became my Nightmare Car!
By Ruthie

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I thought I was going to enjoy this Cadillac; it has been a pain since I bought it. Paid $6000.00 cash, I have had to spend over $4000.00 for parts that normally don't go out on cars. 3 gas tanks, fuel pump, harmonic balancer, serpentine belt, new tires, new brakes and now brake booster going out after 1 month of having new brakes put on. I wish I had turned my head when I saw this one, I will never ever buy a Cadillac again. It looks great but it has to many major things wrong with it. I am really sadden with my Cadillac and very disappointed with it.

Lap of Luxury
By DEVILLE-FAN

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1992 Deville in November of 2008 primarily to be a basic A to B car that I felt would be able to keep me safe during the winter driving months. I only paid $700 dollars for it, and to me it was the deal of the century. It was evident that the car started its life in Florida. The body was in excellent condition, and the interior had worn well for its age. The leather seats were very comfortable. More so than my sofa. The car was as smooth going over the road as an ocean liner, but the downside was that it took turns with all the agility of the Titanic. It was clear what market this car was engineered to satisfy, but even still I did enoy the feeling of riding on air.

Favorite Features

Super smooth ride. I hardly noticed bumps in the road. The feeling of having so much steel surrounding me always made me feel safe... especially when my children were in the back seat. It was also very nice to have the sound and feel of the V8 engine. It's not a power horse by today's standards.

My Caddy
By Adael

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought our Caddy a year and a half ago, it only had 64,000 miles on it. Now it is up to 80,000 and have not had to do much more than regular maintenance. We had to replace rear brake cylinders, the power steering line, and would like to replace the stereo system. The antenna no longer goes all the way back down & we only have one working speaker. Our mechanic has been hesitant to do a complete tune-up, so maybe taking it to a dealer would be a better idea.

Favorite Features

We chose this car for its low mileage and because of the roomy back seat. We can fit 3 carseats in back with room, and rear-facing carseats fit well, even with the front seat all of the way back. We get 17 mpg city driving, or better. I can't wait to see how well it does for highway mileage!!

Suggested Improvements

The common problem seems to be the stereo & antenna, which is really not bad for a car this old.

92 & Still like new
By Dave

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

this car is the best auto iv ever bought it has way more power then youll ever need and makes less noise then newer cars on the job site.i know now why people drive the way they do in a cadi.beacouse you ARE the king of the road.watch the speedo. though because 85 feels the same as 35.i once was doin 40 on the interstate (midafter noon) didnt realize it till school bus pasted me but even then i was like "oh well"the min speed lmnt.is 40 and i was just enjoin my ride.

Favorite Features

my fav.feature on this beast is all the chrome

Suggested Improvements

gas isnt as bad as i thought it would be but iguess if i had to improve something that would be it

AVOID Cadillac products like the plague
By 6dutchman6

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

PROS: Yah right CONS: 1. Stupid computer controlled climate control system that never kicks in right away while your freezing your butt off in minus degree weather. 2. Faulty parts abound, this thing literally falls apart and leaves on the side of the road stranded, one time on a -36 C night. 3. Unreliable, it's seen more miles behind a tow truck. 4. Only Cadillac can make a car that breaks while washing it. FAULTY seals let water into manifold $170.0 repair.

Favorite Features

None, they're all a pain.

Suggested Improvements

Pfft, who cares, everything on this bloody thing is faulty

The Cadillac is the Car to have!
By Mike

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is the top of the line luxury with all of the best stuff in it. It is nicer than both my parents new cars! The only thing that is bad is that GM cheaped out on sum parts of the car. The paint is chipping away a little(it has been since 1995) and the chrome is pitted. Otherwise the car is amazing. The best car I have ever driven in!

Favorite Features

Leather that is comfortable (not that hard stuff), Fuel data center, climate control, size

Suggested Improvements

The paint and chrome should last longer, and it gets 15mpg, but otherwise it is great!

Good car ....BUT!
By James

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

In general I'm satisfied with my DeVille, which now has 220,000 miles on it. You have to be willing to pay the price however. Repairs for this car have been frequent and costly. I have replaced everything but the engine and transmission. We're going for the second time around for the compressor/evaporator. As I say, nice car, but you need to have money to repair it. The car has been garaged most of the years that I have owned it.

Favorite Features

I like how it has lots of pep. It is comfortable and gives a nice smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

The a/c system needs improvement. The antenna system is not reliable. It appears that the workmanship quality in general needs improvement.

Alive at 191,000 miles
By Ruthie

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1992 Cadillac DeVille on a lark in 1995 without research and was expecting to suffer from my rashness. However, this car has been a dream. It is attractive, classy, extremely comfortable, steady on the road and safe. I've had two accidents, one nearly totally the car, with no injuries (thank God). Regarding gas milage, thanks to the computer, I can monitor my driving style and easily get 21 mpg city - better than many new cars on the market. At 191,000 miles, the motor is in excellent shape with mainly routine maintenance for the 10 years I have owned the car. I want a new car now, but each time I look and compare it with what I have, and car payments, I just keep driving.

Favorite Features

The system computer, adjustable leather seats, feeling of security, gigantic trunk, back seat leg room, weight - holds the road, powerful engine, stylish, and durable. At 100,000 miles, this car was very young.

Suggested Improvements

This is an old model, the new models are surely already improved. My problems are with the heat, trunk release, antenna and radio.

Classic Caddy Style
By Frankie

1992 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been very good to me in the 2 years I have owned it. Besides the normal repairs needed with this car (truck latch, power antenna, brakes, master cylinder, tune up etc.) it has been very reliable. As long as it is maintained, it will last a long time. My car has made the cross country trip more then once, and is still running strong at 160,000 miles. I still get many compliments on it today.

Favorite Features

Interior space is better then the new DeVille's of today. Can seat 5 adults very well. Power is still great, and will pull your head back into the seat at take off.

Suggested Improvements

Tough to suggest since most of the new Caddy's today have finally addressed all of the old Caddy issues. America can finally compete with the imports.