Used 1992 Cadillac DeVille Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Very Reliable Car
By bcgrizzard

1992 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This Sedan Deville has been nothing but good to me. I have taken it on multiple 2 to 3 trips and is my daily driver. It has had almost everything replaced on it but you have to realize that this car is 20 years old. With that being said, the car drives smooth with no real engine problems other than consumption of coolant, which is to be expected with older cars. Gas mileage is right around 16 in the city and 19 on the highway! Would recommend this car if in great to good condition!

Favorite Features

Smooth highway driving For being a 20 year old car the sound system is superb Plenty of space to sit, front and back. Trunk space is very large

Suggested Improvements

Not a fan of the digital gas gauges, as they tend to go out.

My Dream Car became my Nightmare Car!
By Ruthie

1992 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I thought I was going to enjoy this Cadillac; it has been a pain since I bought it. Paid $6000.00 cash, I have had to spend over $4000.00 for parts that normally don't go out on cars. 3 gas tanks, fuel pump, harmonic balancer, serpentine belt, new tires, new brakes and now brake booster going out after 1 month of having new brakes put on. I wish I had turned my head when I saw this one, I will never ever buy a Cadillac again. It looks great but it has to many major things wrong with it. I am really sadden with my Cadillac and very disappointed with it.

Lap of Luxury
By DEVILLE-FAN

1992 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1992 Deville in November of 2008 primarily to be a basic A to B car that I felt would be able to keep me safe during the winter driving months. I only paid $700 dollars for it, and to me it was the deal of the century. It was evident that the car started its life in Florida. The body was in excellent condition, and the interior had worn well for its age. The leather seats were very comfortable. More so than my sofa. The car was as smooth going over the road as an ocean liner, but the downside was that it took turns with all the agility of the Titanic. It was clear what market this car was engineered to satisfy, but even still I did enoy the feeling of riding on air.

Favorite Features

Super smooth ride. I hardly noticed bumps in the road. The feeling of having so much steel surrounding me always made me feel safe... especially when my children were in the back seat. It was also very nice to have the sound and feel of the V8 engine. It's not a power horse by today's standards.

My Caddy
By Adael

1992 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

We bought our Caddy a year and a half ago, it only had 64,000 miles on it. Now it is up to 80,000 and have not had to do much more than regular maintenance. We had to replace rear brake cylinders, the power steering line, and would like to replace the stereo system. The antenna no longer goes all the way back down & we only have one working speaker. Our mechanic has been hesitant to do a complete tune-up, so maybe taking it to a dealer would be a better idea.

Favorite Features

We chose this car for its low mileage and because of the roomy back seat. We can fit 3 carseats in back with room, and rear-facing carseats fit well, even with the front seat all of the way back. We get 17 mpg city driving, or better. I can't wait to see how well it does for highway mileage!!

Suggested Improvements

The common problem seems to be the stereo & antenna, which is really not bad for a car this old.

92 & Still like new
By Dave

1992 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

this car is the best auto iv ever bought it has way more power then youll ever need and makes less noise then newer cars on the job site.i know now why people drive the way they do in a cadi.beacouse you ARE the king of the road.watch the speedo. though because 85 feels the same as 35.i once was doin 40 on the interstate (midafter noon) didnt realize it till school bus pasted me but even then i was like "oh well"the min speed lmnt.is 40 and i was just enjoin my ride.

Favorite Features

my fav.feature on this beast is all the chrome

Suggested Improvements

gas isnt as bad as i thought it would be but iguess if i had to improve something that would be it