Used 1992 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

1992 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

car stops on mountain roads on dry pavement
By Nathan Kugler

1992 Cadillac DeVille Touring 4dr Sedan

Car detects you are going around a curve at more than recommended speed on dry pavement and stops the car to zero mph - it shifts down slows the engine down and after you are at zero it lets you go again. Dangerous if someone is tailgating you and all of a sudden you are stopped without warning. Dangerous when there is no shoulder to pull off on when it does this. It does this going up or down the mountain.

Very Reliable Car
By bcgrizzard

1992 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This Sedan Deville has been nothing but good to me. I have taken it on multiple 2 to 3 trips and is my daily driver. It has had almost everything replaced on it but you have to realize that this car is 20 years old.

With that being said, the car drives smooth with no real engine problems other than consumption of coolant, which is to be expected with older cars.

Gas mileage is right around 16 in the city and 19 on the highway!

Would recommend this car if in great to good condition!

Smooth highway driving For being a 20 year old car the sound system is superb Plenty of space to sit, front and back. Trunk space is very large

Not a fan of the digital gas gauges, as they tend to go out.

coupe decool
By mintjeeplup

1992 Cadillac DeVille 2dr Coupe

Have had the 1992 coupe devile now for 5 years and 50000 miles..its got 104000 miles now and I just want to give a shout out on how ta
fix the car if the gas mileage goes down the toilet..originally I was getting 20 mpg or better when @ about 95000 miles I suddenly went down to 17 mpg then 14 mpg and finally 13 mpg..I was stuck with a lemmon So I changed the spark plugs and the air filter and got...14mpg
thru 2 tanks of gas and it was at that point that I started adding fuel injection cleaners to my gas tank..3m fuel injection cleaner worked imiedieatly but I wanted to flush those injectors but good So I bought One gallon of seafoam for like 60$ and now i get 20 to 22 mpg ..just add 16 oz

1 great deal
By CAD-FRESH 1

1992 Cadillac DeVille 2dr Coupe

Just bought it, dealer put new axles, end links, and brakes. Only things I had to do at 117k was battery and catalytic converter. Still has stock everything. Interior is mint! Just needs a radio. My third caddy and I love this one the best!

interior, V-8, plush ride

i guess you really gotta love caddys with an answer like this.

My Dream Car became my Nightmare Car!
By Ruthie

1992 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I thought I was going to enjoy this Cadillac; it has been a pain since I bought it. Paid $6000.00 cash, I have had to spend over $4000.00 for parts that normally don't go out on cars. 3 gas tanks, fuel pump, harmonic balancer, serpentine belt, new tires, new brakes and now brake booster going out after 1 month of having new brakes put on. I wish I had turned my head when I saw this one, I will never ever buy a Cadillac again. It looks great but it has to many major things wrong with it. I am really sadden with my Cadillac and very disappointed with it.