1991 Cadillac DeVille 4.9L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Rich man's pride-poor man's secret!

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Review

Rich man's pride-poor man's secret!
By poisonousy on

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

What a way to appreciate Cadillac ride than to get out of a Corvette and into one! When my father offered to buy me a car after the passing of my mother and the theft of my $30,000 Stingray, the choice was a no-brainer. Sure, I looked at a couple of LSC's and 1979 Trans Ams (whoops.). Common sense took over and I went with what I knew-we already owned a 92 DeVille and a 91 Seville, both excellent cars. After picking my dark blue 91 and putting new Bosch injectors, new struts, steering rack, Michelins, and tuneup on it, it is still the car I'd dreamed of-BIG but 20.7 AVERAGE mpg, total luxury including FAST, classic Caddy beauty and an incredible ride. 155,00 mi no problems. Great engineering!!!

Favorite Features

Classic caddy lines with modern smoothing-awesome engine and drivetrain engineering-a solidity unmatched in any other domestic line (sorry, Buick, not even close)-a much better car than my beloved '79 deville-tons of room and comfort-still turns heads-details out like new-why spend $20,000?

Suggested Improvements

The armrests on these cars crack near the door panel at like 20,000 miles and always have back to 1977!Drip gasket at trunk lid edge near rear window lasts about as long, though extr. Simple to replace-difficult engine"setup" regarding tps/iac results in varied driveability near idle, otherwise perfect