1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Comfortable and easy-going
By Haley on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

i bought my DeVille from a private seller on October 15, 2010. I am 20 years old and needed a car to get me by from point A to point B. The DeVille did better than that. I am very fortunate to have found a comfortable car and one that is fuel efficient. All my friends are amazed at how smooth it runs and steers. I am very satisfied!

About Cadillac
By frances on 04/16/10 11:26 AM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I thank Cadillac is the best car on the highway this is my 4th one and it has never let me down yet if the belt breaks it keeps on going .It has the best performance on highway. The other night the pulley on the alternator broke and it took me back home, it just stop charging. I really do like Cadillac don't want to drive anything else.

Get more pay less
By DSPJOHN on 10/20/08 12:37 PM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I got this car because it was all that i could afford at the time. i paid $2000 for it thinking it would breakdown soon after i bought it. (i needed a temporary car) Now that i've had it for more than a year its proof that this car is reliable. it's not only the car the reliability its the look of the car this car gets respect on the road. Its not just the look its the roaring V8

Good for 16 years
By I don't know on 10/11/08 11:03 AM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my 1991 DeVille for comfort, beauty, smooth ride. I save money on hotels because it is so comfortable I prefer sleeping in it to sleeping in a hotel bed. The gas mileage was fine when I got the car used in 2000. But see the favorite feature below. Cadillac repairs are notoriously expensive no matter who does them but until the car was 16 years old, I needed almost no repairs. It was super. Then, at the 16-year and around 100,000 mile mark, the car started to self-destruct, one part at a time, so that I kept sinking money in being reassured that each repair was the only apparent problem. So be really careful if you own or are looking at one of these models now.

Pretty to Look at, but in the shop often
By rt on 04/17/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 90K miles after owning two other Caddy's as used cars before. The check engine light came on periodically and I had some stalling after a month. The cause of the check engine light was dismissed after multiple diagnostic tests as just "needing a tune up". After a year I replaced the fuel pump, a/c compressor, water pump, starter and had some sort of what seemed like a fuel line problem that no one could find. The Caddy dealer could not find the problem in two hours despite the check engine light. Suspension was like an old taxi after two years. I wouldn't buy another Caddy used.

Rich man's pride-poor man's secret!
By poisonousy on 03/30/08 22:25 PM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

What a way to appreciate Cadillac ride than to get out of a Corvette and into one! When my father offered to buy me a car after the passing of my mother and the theft of my $30,000 Stingray, the choice was a no-brainer. Sure, I looked at a couple of LSC's and 1979 Trans Ams (whoops.). Common sense took over and I went with what I knew-we already owned a 92 DeVille and a 91 Seville, both excellent cars. After picking my dark blue 91 and putting new Bosch injectors, new struts, steering rack, Michelins, and tuneup on it, it is still the car I'd dreamed of-BIG but 20.7 AVERAGE mpg, total luxury including FAST, classic Caddy beauty and an incredible ride. 155,00 mi no problems. Great engineering!!!

400,000 miles and beyond!
By caddieman on 03/28/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my third Cadillac sedan deville. These cars are amazing.I have 160,000 miles on the one I own now and Its keeps on truckin". The ride quality is incredible. We take it one all own long trips. I store it in the winter and drive another car through the snow. Its black with dove grey interior. I had to replace a few things when I purchased it. Starter, Plugs belts and hoses. Other that that. Its runs very well. Its is the most comfortable car that I have ever owned. 90' to 93' body styling was classic. And the 454 under the hood doesn't hurt.This car has power!! Parts are still available.I recommend any one to buy one if they see one on the lot. you wont be sorry.

1991 Cadillac. Best Car Ever
By john ballish on 03/07/08 11:56 AM (PST)

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my second Deville I had a 1992 prior. These vehicles were way ahead for there time. This is the best running car that I have ever owned. I only drive it in the summer times and on vacations. It's a very comfortable car and has so much power. I had to do some maintainence when I first bought it as most people do when they buy used, brake lines, struts, motor mounts, new points and plugs. It runs really well now. I love the dated body styling. very smooth. I tore the engine apart and put it back together and cleaned it up. I get 20mpg! On a car this old you need to put fuel injection cleaners in the tank every fill up. It is a great running car.Ill have it for ever!

An Excellent Car
By dgras673 on 12/19/06 08:05 AM (PST)

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

I grew up watching my grand dad drive it around, and loved it then. Eventually, he was no longer able to drive, and I've had it since. It's been amazing, the luxury of this vehicle even after 15 years is amazing. If you have one, take care of it, because not a day goes by it doesn't take care of me.

Touring Sedan review
By Marco Garcia on 05/26/05 16:47 PM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

This is a great vehicle overall. The Touring Sedan model was an attempt by GM to compete against the German sedans. In my opinion they did a great job with this car that excels in comfort and amenities, and displays some features not readily available in american cars until many years later, such as folding exterior mirrors, 16 inch wheels and speed-adjustable suspension. The ride is delicious without the suspension being as soft as other large sedans.