Used 1991 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Comfortable and easy-going
By Haley

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

i bought my DeVille from a private seller on October 15, 2010. I am 20 years old and needed a car to get me by from point A to point B. The DeVille did better than that. I am very fortunate to have found a comfortable car and one that is fuel efficient. All my friends are amazed at how smooth it runs and steers. I am very satisfied!

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Has a lot of "under the hood" work to get done but is decent enough from point A to point B.

About Cadillac
By frances

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I thank Cadillac is the best car on the highway this is my 4th one and it has never let me down yet if the belt breaks it keeps on going .It has the best performance on highway. The other night the pulley on the alternator broke and it took me back home, it just stop charging. I really do like Cadillac don't want to drive anything else.

Favorite Features

Power door locks, adjusting seat,power window, I can unlock doors through the trunk when I shop.

Suggested Improvements

Improvement I can't think of any ,maybe the seat belts should come over the shoulder of the seat.Cadillac has a great performance.

Get more pay less
By DSPJOHN

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I got this car because it was all that i could afford at the time. i paid $2000 for it thinking it would breakdown soon after i bought it. (i needed a temporary car) Now that i've had it for more than a year its proof that this car is reliable. it's not only the car the reliability its the look of the car this car gets respect on the road. Its not just the look its the roaring V8

Favorite Features

The ride on the Highway it feel like your gliding, and the HUGE back seat. It's like being in a limo.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage i get about 15 on the street and 21 on the highway.

Good for 16 years
By I don't know

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I love my 1991 DeVille for comfort, beauty, smooth ride. I save money on hotels because it is so comfortable I prefer sleeping in it to sleeping in a hotel bed. The gas mileage was fine when I got the car used in 2000. But see the favorite feature below. Cadillac repairs are notoriously expensive no matter who does them but until the car was 16 years old, I needed almost no repairs. It was super. Then, at the 16-year and around 100,000 mile mark, the car started to self-destruct, one part at a time, so that I kept sinking money in being reassured that each repair was the only apparent problem. So be really careful if you own or are looking at one of these models now.

Favorite Features

What I love is the instantaneous mileage meter that allows me to adjust the accelerator to get better gas mileage as I drive. I usually get instantaneous mileage of between 18 and 28, depending on the terrain. Also, I love comfort. I want to convert it into a spare bedroom once it can't be driven.

Suggested Improvements

Just wish it would last longer. I love everything about the car if we consider how it would have been when it was new.

Pretty to Look at, but in the shop often
By rt

1991 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 90K miles after owning two other Caddy's as used cars before. The check engine light came on periodically and I had some stalling after a month. The cause of the check engine light was dismissed after multiple diagnostic tests as just "needing a tune up". After a year I replaced the fuel pump, a/c compressor, water pump, starter and had some sort of what seemed like a fuel line problem that no one could find. The Caddy dealer could not find the problem in two hours despite the check engine light. Suspension was like an old taxi after two years. I wouldn't buy another Caddy used.

Favorite Features

Quick and smooth on the highway before the problems I just mentioned started.

Suggested Improvements

Unreliable car. Once you have a problem you end up with multiple problems with these cars.