1990 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Review: My 1990 Cadillac Deville

1990 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Review

My 1990 Cadillac Deville
By Tommy on

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

One sweet car. I average 25.8 miles to the gallon. Preventative maintenance is key. I clean my injectors and throttle once every six weeks. I simply remove the air filter and spray about half a can of throttle or fuel injector cleaner inside while the engine is running. My car idles flat/no misses. I spray inside the PCV valve, also. Brand new ACDelco throttles are available on ebay for $99.00. Relace motor mounts to restore engine performance. Keep the EGR valve clean or replace and only used distill water for coolant changes. I have 145,000 miles on mine and it performs and rides great. Ensure all vacuum hoses are leak free and on tight. This car will last 250,000 miles easy.

Interior and exterior designs. Best leather in a reasonably priced or newer car. Classy look. fantastic value. Outperforms many new cars. nearly 30 mPG on long trips. Amsoil engine flush restored pereformace and mileage. Only leave in for 10 minutes and immediately change oil and filter.

A bit more horsepower and slightly firmer ride. A quality CD player would have been a nice standard feature. Dirty EGR valves, vacuum hose leaks and gummed throttles cause poor performance and gas mileage. Worn motor mounts will make you think the transmission is bad, when its fine.