1990 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Good American car
By Markusa60 on 06/05/10 12:59 PM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I like Cadillacs because they hold up well. I have owned 3 and all three have done well. One went to 100,000 miles with only a exhaust repair and fuel injector repair. Now as far as foreign cars. My BMW 5 series 99 model went to 100,000 miles and by that time I had spent over 7,000 dollars on repairs, not including normal maint! Same thing happened with a Jag I owned. These foreign cars also cost more to own, purchase, so don't go telling me they are cheaper and hold up better. Regarding my now gone BMW, yes the engine and ride was great, but everything else was junk after 50,000 miles. Those are the facts I learned about domestic and foreign cars I have owned.

Why I bought a Cadillac.
By hattrickleak on 04/14/10 12:52 PM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

When I bought my 1990 Cadillac Sedan deVille in 2000 it had about 101,000 miles on it. It now has about 198,000 miles on it. With the exception of the parts that eventually wear out, it has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. It still gets around 28 MPG, (it got about 30 MPG when I bought it). The only complaint I have is the accessibility of the spark plugs but that is a moot point when considering the amount of I've spent on maintenance.

roll in style
By don sorello on 03/04/10 02:24 AM (PST)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Great car. I paid 1 grand 6 months ago for it for a starter car. It sat in some guy's drive way for 2 years, I put a new battery in it and it fired right up after I cleaned all the birds nest and hornet nest from it. just took it on a 3000 mile round trip and ran great with 125,000 miles on it. got about 24-26 miles to the gallon and get about 19 around town. It seems to lose hub caps and trim every time i drive after i take out of the shop.

My 1990 Cadillac Deville
By Tommy on 10/09/09 12:18 PM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

One sweet car. I average 25.8 miles to the gallon. Preventative maintenance is key. I clean my injectors and throttle once every six weeks. I simply remove the air filter and spray about half a can of throttle or fuel injector cleaner inside while the engine is running. My car idles flat/no misses. I spray inside the PCV valve, also. Brand new ACDelco throttles are available on ebay for $99.00. Relace motor mounts to restore engine performance. Keep the EGR valve clean or replace and only used distill water for coolant changes. I have 145,000 miles on mine and it performs and rides great. Ensure all vacuum hoses are leak free and on tight. This car will last 250,000 miles easy.

Reliabilty unsurpassed
By Mark on 04/19/09 21:43 PM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car when my sweet mom passed on. I never worried about her when she was in this car and that's a good feeling.The only car I ever new this reliable I still have.My 59 super88 oldsmobile.Those however are hard to come by today but you can find a 90 Caddy at a good price and if you take care of it it will take care of you and it will do it inexpensively.They are so much fun to drive also.You`ll never go back to a little car if thats what you have now..Use premium fuel,it`s overall cheaper and I bet you`ll be driving it still, maybe even when it`s 50years old...

90 Cadillac Deville beast!
By VINNIE on 01/13/09 15:47 PM (PST)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

The 1990 Cadillac Deville is one of the best American cars in history! I just got this car from my grandparents with a little over 153,000 miles. Even with the high amount of miles it runs great. I pretty sure the water pump has gone out though. The car will rocket to speed very eaisily. It gets about the same gas miliage as my brothers 1994 Chrysler LHS ant it only has a 3.5 litre V6. Overall the 1990 Cadillac DeVille is a great and reliable car.

Dad's old Car
By Dancingfox on 10/27/08 14:11 PM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Dad had to almost pay the dealership to take this car, so he gave it to me. I'm 30, two kids, so no payment vehicle is a plus, but to my surprise this is an amazing car. Down side is gas milage, and locks for the car seats. Upside, reliability, and I can still fix 90% of the problems cause everything isn't computerized like my 2003 Impala. Good ride, Nice features for a 1990. More so than my 2003 really. Good solid engine with massive power. A real good car.

It Is What It Is
By jamespg1 on 02/16/08 07:54 AM (PST)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Perfect. Drives great and does not want you to turn off the key. This car is so smooth and user friendly that you just don't want to ever stop driving. I have no plans for selling this 1990 Caddy. The four door and space available can not be traded for anything.

Old Fashioned American Luxury
By Jolena911 on 12/31/07 16:11 PM (PST)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I'd noticed the Devilles for a long time and really was attracted to the styling. It's a timeless design and my 1990 still looks very contemporary. The paint has held-up well and it still looks impressive. The car gets great gas mileage about 22mg total, and nearly 26mpg on the highway. The interior is comfortable, but dated-but it has a vintage feel, so I love it. The handling is amazing as far as the rear end refuses to budge, but it does tend to lean, body roll, in curves. All-in- all, this car was a great value-younger people (Im 38) don't want these cars, so you can get them with low miles and in great aesthetic shape. We call mine "Herman" and I hope he's got another 100,000 in him

The limousine of Caddies.
By j sedman on 08/01/07 09:33 AM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a " little old lady " after 4 years and 40,100 miles. I now have 218,000 miles on it and will drive it sparingly along with my 2002 DeVille. The car has flown way above any expectations that I could have possibly dreamed it would do. Reliability, design, performance, you name it....all have been tremendous. Some one mentioned the vinyl armrests- it's true. They started to crack a few years ago. The only downer , and a mild one, of an otherwise superb model. The best car I've ever owned and a true testament to the quality of Cadillac. I hope my "other" Caddy comes close to the same standards of the old '90.