2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

RWD CTS is fun!
By KK

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I got the CTS as I didn't want to get an SUV. I wanted something that was fun to drive. I got one with a 2.0T engine as it is plenty powerful for my needs. Mine is a base sedan (RWD only!) with upgraded leather seats, panoramic sun roof and park white color as the options. The car has it's quirks, but nothing that you cannot live with. CUE is as good as a touch screen infotainment system gets. Don't believe the negative reviews out there. Use it and find out out yourself. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who wants a fun to drive family sedan that can fit 5 passengers with ease.

Everything is better than the previous CTS
By Next2pool

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

If you owned a Gen II CTS, this one will be better in every category. The new V6 is very strong and I'm averaging about 26 MPG in all around suburban driving. The interior is very quiet but the road noise from the front is the only complaint I have. There is almost no wind noise. The interior material quality is excellent and the fit and finish is superb. I am disappointed in the autostop performance. When it does activate (when is hard to predict) the engine has an annoying shudder when it stops as well as restarts. I have driven other GM models that are much better. The transmission shifts very well and doesn't seem to have a problem managing 8 gears. Although I like the hard inside cover for the sunroof, the roof itself does not seem to open as far as the previous version and it looks a bit clunky from the outside when open. The Cue system is much faster than before I have no problem with the controls at all. I did expect the Navigation system to have a more colorful display and I can't see how to name a route for future use. The gooseneck trunk hinges seem to be a step backwards from the articulated system of the Gen II model. The front seats are better than before but still not all that great for longer trips. Overall, I am very satisfied by this new CTS.

Nice car
By James Fraser

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Complex cue system, maybe need. Cd tutorial for visual learners, engine designed to stop when brakes applied to stop. Explanation of no spare tire!

Make sure you don't mind the AutoStart feature
By Danny

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The Auto Stop/Start is terrible. It may not bother everyone (I cannot fathom how people don’t mind this), but it is annoying and distracting every time you stop the car. The car shakes and jiggles at every stop sign and stop light. My passengers are incredulous when they’re first taken for a spin. It is not only annoying, but also distracting. Your mind goes to it every single time you stop. You can turn this off every time you start the car, but it is not possible to turn this feature off permanently.

Almost all the 2016 Caddys have Auto Stop/Start (I think the XTS is the only one that doesn’t) and they take the fun and relaxation out of driving. Make sure you thoroughly test drive them before buying. When test driving, make sure you do some city/urban driving and turn the A/C off (it doesn’t kick in when the A/C is chugging at a decent rate). Like I said, it won’t bother everyone, but will bother many. Enough so that GM put out a couple bulletins on the subject. These are for the ATS and CTS, but I would think it applies to all 2016s with Auto Stop/Start. Check out #15-NA-033 “Normal Characteristic – Slight Bump, Jerk or Rough Engine Startup [Oct 15, 2015]”. It says “Condition: some customers may comment that there is a slight bump, jerk or rough engine startup during an AutoStart event”. Then it says, “Correction: This is a normal condition”. I guess they said it was unusual, then had to correct it and say it is a normal condition!!! Directive #16-NA-071: Diagnostic Tips for Stop/Start and Auto Stop Operation [Mar 4, 2016] says, “Condition: Vehicle does not engage in Auto Stop mode and Vehicle automatically restarts during an AutoStop event”. It goes on to say, “It is imperative that the customer be well informed about the unique features and operational characteristics of their vehicle equipped with Stop/Start. For the sales team to be fully prepared, they should use the Getting to Know Your Vehicle guide as an outline when presenting the vehicle to the customer”. Cadillac knows this is a terrible and they are not notifying their customers.

Other cons: the run-flats are a poor ride; they’re loud and you can feel everything. The 2016 CTS models don’t come with a spare and instead have run-flats. The tactile sliders/”buttons” are over-engineered. Just give me a knob for the radio volume; ditto for the A/C fan speed. Also, a little more difficult to get out of than previous CTS.

Pros: trunk is larger than previous CTS; nice and roomy. The panel that comes up in the dash is a cool storage area (and lockable). Cool feature that lets you program the radio so you are notified when your favorite band is on XM. Bluetooth with phone is loud and clear.

Glad it's only a Loaner
By Robert

2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I received a 2016 CTS base model with 4 cyl as a loaner while my 2013 XTS Luxury is being serviced. I love the XTS, the most comfortable car I've ever owned, ad thought about downsizing to the CTS Luxury as i like the exterior. Appearance is great, the interior is basically the same look as my XTS however it is more cramped and the quality is a bit less, but being a downsize from the XTS i was not put off by that. The ride is horrible!! It's like driving an old pick up. You feel every pebble, the engine noise is annoying. The front seat is very comfortable though, I am 6 ft. so had the seat back almost all the way, making the backseat behind me useless. Not a big issue for me, but thought i'd point it out. The biggest problem with this car is the price. They want more for a CTS and my XTS which is roomy, comfortable and rides like a cloud.