Used 2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Fun Fun fun
By Tennant

2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Super fun sexy vehicle.

Not my pappy's caddy
By John

2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned my '14 CTS 3.6 Premium for a year now and can clearly judge this car.
Pros - incredible handling for a sedan, very solid acceleration for NA V6, GREAT braking, impeccable interior (good or better than ANY other mid lux in class hands down)
Cons - performance is good, not great (understand it's not the VSport, however), resale value is AWFUL (was intrigued by ATS-V and dealership was going to barely pay off and I got an incredible deal on car...VERY disappointing. Lastly, the sound of the exhaust leaves something to be desired...
Overall this car is absolutely fantastic. Handles, drives and feels like a very well put together sporty mid-size luxury and clearly is at level of MB E350 level or BMW 5 series...tested both and CTS beat both out in nearly every level. This Cadillac "move" is only going to get better and I'm excited as I hope I never am interested in a german car again. If I could buy the new CTS-V it would be mine but the price is Porche 911 Turbo level...yikes.

Caddy, well done and worth the buy for anyone considering a mid-size luxury sedan. Great car and many people are impressed by the car's beauty and style.

Absolutely love this car
By JohnnyBos

2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my all-wheel drive CTS last year (2015) - it was a 2014 model year that was still on the lot, so very happy with the deal. For the past 15 years I drove only German cars, BMW and Volkswagen. The pros and cons for the CTS:
Pros:
--It manages the amazing trick of feeling substantial while also being light and agile. Comparing the aluminum body of this car (including doors and trunk) to a BMW 5-series steel body, you realize how much fat and bloat you're carrying around with the BMW. It shows up especially in the handling of the CTS... it's an absolute racehorse, and a lean and agile one. Yet the doors close with a very satisfying "thud," same as you find on the German cars.
--Love the exterior design and (almost all) of the interior... it's amazing. Very sensual and aggressive, sleek.
--On the highway, the open road, it handles better than a 5 series BMW. Great sound dampening, great control. Just a heck of a car to drive.
--Some people complain about the CUE entertainment system, but I actually find it pretty simple to use. It's a million times easier to use than the old "I-Drive" systems on the BMW.
--The materials used in the car, the leathers and wood trim, etc., are all top notch. I was recently inside a BMW M5 - which cost over $100k - and the BMW didn't have anything nicer in terms of interior materials.
--On the inside of the driver's door is a round sticker which you won't find on any BMW, Audi, Lexus, or Mercedes sedan - that sticker says "Made in Michigan, USA". And as someone who cares about our country and our workers, that's the ultimate status symbol. When Detroit makes a killer car, you can feel great about buying it for a lot of reasons, including where it's made.
Cons:
--The CTS heat seater heats up a little bit slowly and doesn't get the seat very hot, even at max temperature. The seat heaters on my German cars would burn your tail if you left them on too high / too long. As someone living in the Midwest I'd prefer a hotter and quicker seat heater. (The heated steering wheel does heat up quick and hot, however).
--I'm not in love with the design of the steering wheel - could be a little simpler and more elegant looking. But other than that, and a very small Onstar button panel on the ceiling, the rest of the interior is BEAUTIFUL. It's sleek and tight and very well put together.
--I would physical buttons which allow you to adjust direction where the air flows in the ventilation system (to feet, to windshield, etc.). The CTS has buttons which only appear on the screen if you increase/decrease the volume of air flow. Or you can go through multiple screens to adjust it. Same with AC... there's no physical button to press for AC... there are other ways to get AC to come out, which show up on the screen, but I prefer to have a direct physical button for it.
--At very, very low speeds... like when the car is just rolling forward of its own power at 3 or 4 mph, without pressing the gas, it feels a little torquey and uneven. Living in the city, you often end up kind of rolling forward a bit in traffic or a parking lot. My VW and BMW were more smooth at that super low speed.
That's about it... other than that, it's a totally amazing car. I recommend it highly to all my friends, colleagues, and other people. It's a fantastic car and is VERY underrated.

CTS 6cyl Premium AWD
By jkorn

2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car! every angle unique and turns heads everywhere I go. The handling was the biggest surprise when first driving, it's feels light and responsive around corners. I've had many cars over the years and driven the BMW's, MB and Audi and I think the CTS takes the cake in looks for sure, a close second would be MB in my opinion.

the only thing I would improve is a more powerful engine for the AWD.

Thoroughly pleased
By sammyboy542

2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have always been indifferent towards Cadillac cars.
I have never found them all that exciting.
This car has intrigued me since it was introduced earlier in the year.
I was in the market for a mid-size luxury car stepping up from an Audi A4, and after comparing BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and Cadillac, this is what I landed on.
Obviously this is subjective, but I think the styling is absolutely stunning.
The drive is very engaging when you want it to be and extremely comfortable when commuting.
From my experience of riding and driving multiple Cadillac cars in the past this is the first time I've ever been compelled to purchase a cadillac car myself -- at 29 yrs of age.

Quality interior, Love the DRL's, Whisper quiet cabin, great up level sound system. Love the technology of the car.

I really enjoy the sunroof however when opened it's a rather small from what it would lead you to believe. I have no complaints from the CUE system layout and like the haptic feedback, however it really does need to be more responsive. It's kind of like going back to an original iPhone from a 5s. I hear that Cadillac is working on on updates to improve response times. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.