2014 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Cadillac IS back like never before
By Richard Domingues Boscovich

2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

OK. I grew up lusting after BMW's 3 & 5 series, and love what Audi has done with itself over the past several years. I am not your typical Cadillac buyer by any stretch of the imagination. I love Formula 1, soccer ( football everywhere else) and any auto sport with the exclusion of NASCAR. Having said that, I have always kept an open mind all things automotive. I regularly test drive cars from numerous manufactures, and judge cars by their merits, not brand reputation. So when I wanted a performance sedan, I tested all of them. The CTS v Sport is, hands down, the best handling sport sedan period. Not BMW, Jag, Lexus.. nothing. The quality, feel and finish is excellent. Drive it!

Handling. The magnetic ride suspension is magical. Now I understand why Ferrari licenses it from GM. Brakes, I have never experienced braking on a sedan as linear, progressive and fade free. Steering, speechless. Now, the powertrain. Flexible and torque galore! Granted, the 3.6 is still not as smooth as the BMW's, but the power and torque make it for it as does the lovely roar of the engine. Now for the interior. Finally, an interior which closes the gap with the Germans and Asian manufactures. Great quality wit a very distinct American flair. Not a cold barren feeling. Nice. And the content per price ratio is excellent. And the audio; great!

Not much here. I know people hate the CUE system. Not sure why? It takes some time to learn, but once you get it, it is magical. The only issue I have sometimes is the voice recognition. It takes time, but the more you use it the better it "learns.' Take time to read the manual and play with it whilst parked to get the feeling. Once you do, it will be easy. There are two small interior pieces that I feel needs to be upgraded. The plastic cover up the B-pillar is not up to par. No idea why not. Small issue, but one which should be addressed. Also, the Summer tires. I know that they are what contributes to the amazing handling; however, maybe an option to get HP all seasons? That's it!

CTS 6cyl Premium AWD
By jkorn

2014 Cadillac CTS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car! every angle unique and turns heads everywhere I go. The handling was the biggest surprise when first driving, it's feels light and responsive around corners. I've had many cars over the years and driven the BMW's, MB and Audi and I think the CTS takes the cake in looks for sure, a close second would be MB in my opinion.

the only thing I would improve is a more powerful engine for the AWD.

CTS V-sport premium
By james85018

2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I comparison shopped/drove quite a bit before buying this car in June 2014. Handling and the engine performance are superb--better than the E550 and 550i. The interior may be a smidge behind the Germans in terms of fit/finish, but it is a minimal difference. The CUE system isn't intuitive, and I'd prefer just knobs and a straightforward information management system. It took me about three days to feel like I had the hang of CUE. My car has the upgraded Kona wood interior, which is absolutely beautiful; I don't know that I'd pay for it, however, if not for the $6000 in incentives GM offered ($3000 rebate + $3000 "conquest" cash) and dealer's willingness to negotiate.

Suspension, handling, engine--no question GM hit a home run on these. The CTS Vsport leads the class in these categories without question. I know some people find the driver aids intrusive. Things such as collision warnings, lane departure warnings, etc. You can turn them off if you choose. I don't see anything wrong with these safety features.

CUE needs refinement. Just too many layers to get where you want to be in it. Oddly, I also noticed that the CUE screen's visibility diminishes quite a bit when I wear polarized sunglasses. Still doesn't offer some of the convenience features of Mercedes or BMW (e.g., self closing trunk lid). Not a concern for me--I wanted a great handling/performing car--but it is tough to compete with those manufacturers and charge similar prices without those features. Perhaps explains the substantial discounts GM offered in June.

Thoroughly pleased
By sammyboy542

2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have always been indifferent towards Cadillac cars. I have never found them all that exciting. This car has intrigued me since it was introduced earlier in the year. I was in the market for a mid-size luxury car stepping up from an Audi A4, and after comparing BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and Cadillac, this is what I landed on. Obviously this is subjective, but I think the styling is absolutely stunning. The drive is very engaging when you want it to be and extremely comfortable when commuting. From my experience of riding and driving multiple Cadillac cars in the past this is the first time I've ever been compelled to purchase a cadillac car myself -- at 29 yrs of age.

Quality interior, Love the DRL's, Whisper quiet cabin, great up level sound system. Love the technology of the car.

I really enjoy the sunroof however when opened it's a rather small from what it would lead you to believe. I have no complaints from the CUE system layout and like the haptic feedback, however it really does need to be more responsive. It's kind of like going back to an original iPhone from a 5s. I hear that Cadillac is working on on updates to improve response times. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

The best Caddy yet!
By bulog

2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded on my '08 CTS 3.6 performance for a '14 CTS 3.6 Luxury with options. I absolutely loved the '08 and this one is even better. The interior materials are well done, rich and luxurious. Car rides very solid, much quieter cabin. Loaded will all sorts of technology. Upon test drive the 2.0T 4 cylinder 6 speed was plenty powerful, packed a punch and will be adequate for most drivers. I chose the 6 cyl 8 speed as was used to and should make driving even more fun.

Rich interior, low sleek look, driver awareness system with blind spot, lane departure, cross traffic and collision alerts. The 18" polished rims look awesome and car handles perfectly with Magnetic Ride Control. Quiet cabin. CUE with Nav and 11 speaker Bose.

Basically none. Compared to previous generation the interior appears just about the same other than the back seat itself seeming deeper as is the trunk.