Used 2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Stay away! Keep family Away
By Dylan

2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought an 2012 CTS Lux. It was used with 11,000 miles on it by an one owner who upgraded every six months. In May 2014 I had to take it in due to my airbags randomly being deployed while it was parked in my garage. Under warranty Cadillac replaced both driver and passenger airbag and also said the wiring was messed up and they corrected it. November of 2014 the airbag light came on and I took it down to Cadillac (45 minute drive from where I lived. Same dealer that I bought it from) get there and was told they would get right on looking at it because it was a slow day. 4 hours later I get told they couldn't find out what was wrong with the car and just reset the light. April 21, of 2015 my car now has 32,000 miles on it and I'm on vacation visiting family 900 miles away from home. i drove to a friends house to pick her up to go get my oil changed before I headed back home. My car is off and parked. My keys are in my pocket my wallet and cell phone along with a newer MacBook Pro is in my car locked. My cars electronics for the navigation and airbags and everything else catches fire and destories my trunk and everything in the back seat before the fire is able to be put out. My insurance totals the CTS but they get out of paying GAP of 5,000 dollars. Granted I paid a lot more on my car payments then my 500 dollar a month payment. I contact Cadillac and my insurance both because now I'm stuck with a 500 dollar car payment on a car that is now torched. Cadillac want nothing to do with it since no one died and insurance said they don't care and not there job too. We've always bought GM products and now I think we will be sticking with paying higher repair bills with European cars then with American anymore. So if you are serious about buying this car ask yourself is your life or families live worth the risk?

Nicely done by Cadillac
By rodrigo2

2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Performance is very impressive and the look is great. Handling is very good. Mileage average is 21.5 mpg measured over ten fill-ups. Rear window visibility a bit difficult and there is a paint blemish that should have been caught by quality control. Otherwise, the car's design and exterior fit and finish are good. Interior leather is well-fitted and the interior finish is excellent. Accent lighting is just right. Bose sound is excellent. Chose this car from among four in the class manufacturers I had narrowed it down to.

Engine performance and handling Exterior look Interior fit and finish Dual comfort climate controls and Bose sound system On board navigation

Rearward visibility

Nice ride
By rallye350

2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had mine for about a year now. It is AWD Performance package and has the FE3 suspension and 19 inch wheels. While the handling is great with this package, the tires are a bit noisy. The 3.6 is well worth the price premium. The engine really pulls strong in upper ranges. Love the audio system that came with this package. Slightly disappointed with gas mileage, averaging about 19.5 in mixed driving. All highway trip managed to get about 25. CTS still seems pretty popular with older crowds, so be prepared for comments if you are younger and driving one of these.

Upgraded audio system, dash, performance of 3.6, design, steering wheel controls for phone

Keyless ignition should be standard. Better MPG. More stain resistance in carpets.

Quite a nice surprise
By big_g

2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drive about 40k a year so i go through allot of cars. After leaving American cars for German due to my excessive mileage I am glad to be back. I have owned an A6 (too uncomfortable) and a 528i (too unreliable) and came back to GM. Couldn't be happier. The rebates and incentives that I got were amazing and I have to say its nice driving something that not everyone else has on the road (528i). Mine is Opulent Blue and I get the thumbs up all the time.

Car shifts like butter, and build quality is top notch. The interior on my 528i rattled all of the time on uneven pavement, my CTS is rock solid without a sound. it does best at highway cruising where it is quiet, capable and comfortable. I think the seats are comfortable though I can see how for some they might be hard. Nav system although confusing at first is much better than the Idrive, and touch screen is a big plus. Wheels are GORGEOUS! I love the fact that it can run on regular gas although i do see a difference in mileage.

The keyless turn knob for ignition is kinda dumb but once you get used to it you don't notice it. Highway mileage is excellent for this type of car but city mileage could be better (around 21)

Audio System Atrocious
By bgk99

2012 Cadillac CTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There are lots of things to love about the Cadillac. The incentives are what got me, the design, the handling, the power... However, ALL of that isn't worth the car for one reason and one reason only. The absolutely complete MESS of navigation and especially the phone system. 1) when you get a call, the number appears on the DASH but the CONNECT button is on the NAV SCREEN and it pops up MAYBE 25% of the time. The audio voice will instruct you to hit a button, but when you do... nothing happens and you will lose calls ALL THE TIME. It CANNOT put your iphone contact list into its system (are you kidding?) and the "hands free calling" is worse than the Prius (which was horrific).

Style, interior craftsmanship, ride, handling, comfort, price

Key CONSTANTLY hitting your knee (and I'm an average 6 foot) Sound system is probably one of the single WORST I've experienced in owning cars. Hydraulic trunk that stays open!

• SUV