Used 2012 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Nicely done by Cadillac
By rodrigo2

2012 Cadillac CTS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Performance is very impressive and the look is great. Handling is very good. Mileage average is 21.5 mpg measured over ten fill-ups. Rear window visibility a bit difficult and there is a paint blemish that should have been caught by quality control. Otherwise, the car's design and exterior fit and finish are good. Interior leather is well-fitted and the interior finish is excellent. Accent lighting is just right. Bose sound is excellent. Chose this car from among four in the class manufacturers I had narrowed it down to.

Favorite Features

Engine performance and handling Exterior look Interior fit and finish Dual comfort climate controls and Bose sound system On board navigation

Suggested Improvements

Rearward visibility

Nice ride
By rallye350

2012 Cadillac CTS Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had mine for about a year now. It is AWD Performance package and has the FE3 suspension and 19 inch wheels. While the handling is great with this package, the tires are a bit noisy. The 3.6 is well worth the price premium. The engine really pulls strong in upper ranges. Love the audio system that came with this package. Slightly disappointed with gas mileage, averaging about 19.5 in mixed driving. All highway trip managed to get about 25. CTS still seems pretty popular with older crowds, so be prepared for comments if you are younger and driving one of these.

Favorite Features

Upgraded audio system, dash, performance of 3.6, design, steering wheel controls for phone

Suggested Improvements

Keyless ignition should be standard. Better MPG. More stain resistance in carpets.

Quite a nice surprise
By big_g

2012 Cadillac CTS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drive about 40k a year so i go through allot of cars. After leaving American cars for German due to my excessive mileage I am glad to be back. I have owned an A6 (too uncomfortable) and a 528i (too unreliable) and came back to GM. Couldn't be happier. The rebates and incentives that I got were amazing and I have to say its nice driving something that not everyone else has on the road (528i). Mine is Opulent Blue and I get the thumbs up all the time.

Favorite Features

Car shifts like butter, and build quality is top notch. The interior on my 528i rattled all of the time on uneven pavement, my CTS is rock solid without a sound. it does best at highway cruising where it is quiet, capable and comfortable. I think the seats are comfortable though I can see how for some they might be hard. Nav system although confusing at first is much better than the Idrive, and touch screen is a big plus. Wheels are GORGEOUS! I love the fact that it can run on regular gas although i do see a difference in mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The keyless turn knob for ignition is kinda dumb but once you get used to it you don't notice it. Highway mileage is excellent for this type of car but city mileage could be better (around 21)

Audio System Atrocious
By bgk99

2012 Cadillac CTS Performance 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There are lots of things to love about the Cadillac. The incentives are what got me, the design, the handling, the power... However, ALL of that isn't worth the car for one reason and one reason only. The absolutely complete MESS of navigation and especially the phone system. 1) when you get a call, the number appears on the DASH but the CONNECT button is on the NAV SCREEN and it pops up MAYBE 25% of the time. The audio voice will instruct you to hit a button, but when you do... nothing happens and you will lose calls ALL THE TIME. It CANNOT put your iphone contact list into its system (are you kidding?) and the "hands free calling" is worse than the Prius (which was horrific).

Favorite Features

Style, interior craftsmanship, ride, handling, comfort, price

Suggested Improvements

Key CONSTANTLY hitting your knee (and I'm an average 6 foot) Sound system is probably one of the single WORST I've experienced in owning cars. Hydraulic trunk that stays open!

Not Bad... But
By bgk99

2012 Cadillac CTS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

A 47,000 dollar luxury car for 34,000 with all of the rebates and incentives just blew away the Audi, Lexus and Acura for deals. I've owned MBZ E350, G35, Porsche 911, Acura TL. So far, it's OK and there are little "annoying" things about the car (especially the phone system), but it DOES drive smoothly despite being a "heavy" car. Pick up is "pretty good" but not "excellent" (guess I'm spoiled)

Favorite Features

Great interior, drives like a dream, Nav system great, power roof excellent. Dual A/C is awesome. Dual seating memory for me and the (tiny) Mrs. (BIG deal since Lexus GS and Audi A3/4 didn't even HAVE these!), OnStar PLUS an extra built in phone! Rear view camera. Space in back. Interior stitching nice.

Suggested Improvements

For a luxury car, the stereo has got the be one of the worst ever. Dual tail pipes. center console can't even hold my glasses. Phone system does NOT work with iphone contact list. HUGE drawback. Key keeps hitting my knee! Cramped drivers space. No phone pad on Nav System. Trunk should have auto/lift instead of cheap open/close