2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Verdict still out
By first cts on 08/02/10 19:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Only driven it 100 miles so far but love the ride. Plenty of Power for a 3.6 sedan. Fit and finish are cut above most American made cars. Love the creature comforts. Stereo and nav are awesome. I would recommend anyone looking at a the infinity m or Lexus es300 or any other of those foreign makes to test drive the cts premium, you won't be disappointed.

Six months, still satisfied
By Greg on 07/29/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Can't complain about this car so far. I've already taken it on two long trips - including one on Amtrak's Auto Train service to Florida without a problem. Sound system, bluetooth, navigation are all very good. Performance is excellent. Fuel economy is not too bad considering the car wasn't really designed for efficiency. Car is great for long trips (and passing on two-lane highways!). Quality seems to be better than my Oldsmobile Aurora which had a few too many problems compared to the Chevy I had before it. No rattles, weird noises, or warranty repairs yet like I had after 6 months of owning my Aurora.

Terrific style
By satisfied owner on 06/30/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Like any car I can find a few faults.The seats could stand an improvement like my wife's RAV4.However it's a good handling car and sure it has an occasional jerk when it shifts down at low speeds because it's AWD. I have the 3.6,304 hp.Too bad GM dumbs the car down with that 3.0 liter which a lot of people at GM dislike.

Changes from 2008 to 2010 CTS
By birdsnart on 04/17/10 06:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just traded a very troublesome 08 for 2010 CTS. Car is identical inside and out except for a few glitches. Driver auto seat movement doesn't work unless Driver 2 button is clicked each time, to move seat back. To move forward, must click Driver 1 button. Doors automatically lock, cannot open, with motor running, except to click Unlock feature.

First Cadillac - Maybe Last
By HoustonMR on 03/28/10 14:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a Cadillac DTS but drove a Lexus RX prior. While this is a great looking (and driving) car, my fear of fit and finish of American made cars has come largely true. This car has great pick-up and has some great amenities but it lacks the quality and additional options that foreign car makers like Lexus and Mercedes offer. My biggest complaint is a constant whistle from the sunroof that the dealer cannot get rid of. For a car that runs up to $50K this type of defect should NOT occur. Never had issues with Toyota, Nissan or Lexus vehicles before this purchase.

Great Sports Sedan
By inlets on 02/21/10 06:59 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I tested a bunch of high end/high tech sports sedans and the CTS just has so much more bang for the buck, than the BMW or Lexus. I got a brand new CTS Premium for $7k of MSRP, and $2k more for my trade than it was worth. Performance is outstanding, tight and very agile. Front seat are very comfy and good support. The back is a little snug. 5.1 Bose sound system is sthe best great sound and lots of power for classic rock. Nav worked flawless touch screen or voice command, even Onstar downloads to your destination when you on the fly. Fit and finish is flawless. Rock solid ride.

Caution, CTS may not be for you!!
By Gary on 02/09/10 18:28 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my CTS Premium AWD Cadillac two weeks ago. I traded a 2008 Cad.DTS. Would take my old vehicle back immediately. The seats are hard, the ride is so horrible my wife and I felt Ill when we drove from the dealer to our home (70 Miles).The cruise control will not hold within 3- 4 miles per hour.Service dept. said "thats the way the way it is" there are..no adjustments. The grille- bumper assembly on the front of the car does not clear the road by more than 3 to 4 inches. My wife turned off a main highway onto a service road, small dip, damaged and broke "plastic grille". Only 200 miles on vehicle. The position of this assembly is actually a safety problem in my opinion.

So Far So Good
By DubyaC on 02/02/10 20:11 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I selected the CTS for my first high end car. Born in the 60's, I can easily remember the days when Cadillac & Lincoln dominated the luxury market. So I was excited; not just to finally have a Cadillac of my own, but one with modern styling, excellent fit & finish, and outstanding performance. As they say, it's not your Dad's Cadillac. I love the feedback I get through the tranny - whether the automatic or manual mode. Excellent balance struck between quiet ride and performance suspension. Handles the corners quite well, but road noise you typically get with such a car is absent - enough for passengers to comment on the quiet cabin. Acceleration is more than competent.

Disappointed
By Fertile12 on 02/01/10 07:50 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Cadillac has degraded the CTS this year. Small conveniences have been remover, e.g. rain-sensing wipers, which are no longer available (and the dealer didn't even know about). The "easy-out" convenience rolls the seat back when the engine is stopped but the seat returns to the driving position when the door is opened, indicating poor, unthinking programming. That should be called easy-out but no easy-in.

Check Out the CTS, You Won't Be Sorry
By David on 12/31/09 11:29 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Let me first say that I have been looking for a really nice luxury sedan for some time. The cost of the Audi S4, A6, BMW 335I & Mercedes E350 are all very high for what you get. The ability to have it all and at a great pice was perfect for me. I used Hill Cadillac in Newtown Square PA. The entire buying experience was top notch. I highly recommend them to anyone. I had contacted Armen Cadillac about a CTS and they never even call me back. Their Loss!!! This car is amazing in styling, performance and luxury. I highly recommend it to any and all who want a great package at a great price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan in VA is:

$119 per month*