The Best Choice for an All Around Sedan
By John C. on
2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
My prior two cars were 2002 & 2006 Lexus LS-430 sedans. I established a decision criteria to keep it objective. I checked out Lexus LS/GS, Mercedes E, Jaguar XF, Infinity M, BMW 3/5, Lincoln MKS, Geneses, Audi4/6 & Acura TL. In the end, the BMW 535 and the Cadillac CTS stood out. We also own a BMW (& 4 before it). The ride/handling was about the same. Styling was aggressive versus classic. Seating was similar. Cost over three years was insignificant. The difference was the way the cars are actually equipped. BMW offers most of the same options, but they are not reasonably available. Ease of use was also big factor. Even my BMW driving wife agreed, the CTS was the best total choice.
Favorite Features
Styling, fit & finish, GPS with OnStar with split screen including ease of use, air cooled seats (I live in AZ), fold-down rear seat, sound system, diagnostic system with real-time information, monthly reporting, dash board, superb ride and handling and acceleration. The dealer was the best also.
Suggested Improvements
I miss the rear-view camera from my Lexus, but the sensor system is acceptable. Combination driving achieves 23/24 mpg. Although that is still ok, more is better in this case.