2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Cheap plastic upholstery

2009 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Manual)

Cheap plastic upholstery
By don N on

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have a Cadillac since 1962 and this 2009 srs is the first one that I have had that didn't have real leather upholstery. I never thought about it at the time of purchase but I do now! I paid almost $40,000 for this car and at 15,500 miles the plastic upholstery on the drivers seat is already starting to stretch and fray. I'm not a big person at 165 lb. So it's not my size thats the problem its the cheap plastic crap they used for the seat covering. Not a bit of leather on these seats at all. What ever you do don't settle for anything less than leather. Remember Cadillac guarantee doesn't cover your upholstery. Gm should be out of business settling for this cheap upholstery material for a cad.

Does anyone look at these? especially the Cadillac division of GM. Also new buyers also.

Put real leather on the seats and not this plastic crap. For the price of a Cadillac leather seats are expected! Doors should be completely flush with each other when closed. Rear bumper should be much sturdier ford backed into Cad-Ford plastic bumper no marks Cads bumper bent and paint cracked.