2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: First Time Cadillac Owner

2009 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

First Time Cadillac Owner
By JohnC on

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first upscale car, and I've not been disappointed. Great look & feel inside & out, superior driving experience (even with base 3.6 engine). Bold exterior design and black cherry color has drawn lots of compliments. Mileage is about as expected, 17-19 mpg in mostly city driving. Seems pretty good to me for an AWD car. Like one other reviewer, I had major transmission problem about 3 mos into ownership, which eventually required total replacement and about 2 wks in the dealership. However, dealer handled great, provided free loaner CTS for the entire time, so what's to complain about? No problems since. Overall a great vehicle and certainly the best car I've ever owned.

Exterior & interior styling, great overall driving experience. Analog clock is a classy touch. Integrated Bluetooth & iPod connection are super-convenient - I suppose most cars will have eventually, but nice to be leading the pack.

As many have noted, rear visibility is poor, backing out of a parking space requires a lot of attention. Needs a bit more storage in front seating areas.