2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: One of the Best Sports Sedans

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Review

One of the Best Sports Sedans Made!
By PJR on

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The '09 CTS is an absolutely fantastic car! I compared it to BMW, Audi, and Mercedes and liked the CTS best - no contest. You give up nothing at all, and the car is significantly less expensive than its rivals. Fit/finish, ride, handling, power, comfort and features are all 1st rate. Unlike some of the imports, this car fits both taller drivers (I'm 6'5") and shorter drivers (my wife is 5'3") very comfortably. It's really quiet on the road - no wind noise, squeaks, or rattles. The DI engine is responsive, powerful, and runs on regular gas. I frequently get comments from friends and co-workers: "You bought a what?!?" Then when I show it to them they say "Oh, now I get it. Great car!"

Fantastic all-around car lacks nothing! Handling and responsiveness make it fun to drive. Interior is among the best in the business. Integration between navigation, audio, OnStar, and hands-free phone is great. The hard-drive audio system eliminates the clutter of CDs in the car.

If you are really tall, then you probably already know not to get the sunroof, as this takes away nearly 2 inches of headroom. I would like to see GM remove the sunroof from their option packages and make it a stand-alone option. Navigation system response time to driver commands should be faster.