2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Love CTS's 6 Speed Manual Tra

2009 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Manual)

Love CTS's 6 Speed Manual Transmission!
By JamesO on

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Love to drive a manual transmission! The Cadillac dealership and the CTS were on my list of dealerships to visit, of those who had 6-speed manual vehicles. It was love at first sight on the car lot, with it's excellent looks in its' white tri-coat colour! The driving experience was great, with the FE3 sports suspension, +300hp direct injection engine, and with it's 18inch wheels. The turning radius was real tight! I could not pass up on the price. With my trade in, a $42,000 car for less than $29K! The Catera Touring Sedan (CTS) is a great buy in my opinion, and with the excellent service I've gotten so far from the dealership, Cadillac is one GM division that is making its' vehicles right.

Favorite Features

Getting 23.5-24mpg in the city with regular gas. That 6-Speed Manual Transmission! 40Gig HD for music. Doublewide sunroof. Heated/cooled seats. Lights that follow the road around corners. Turning radius. Carbon fiber instead of wood inlay around cabin. Leather! People turning their heads to look!

Suggested Improvements

Came with baby spare but I am going to buy a full size. Need larger outside mirrors to better cover that darn right rear blind area. In snow, rear smooth summer tires can spin. Winter tires should take care of that. Other than that, it will take a couple of years to see how well built this car is!
By bpcig
on 03/04/12 14:28 PM (PST)

I really need to know how you are getting thsat 23-24 mpg in the city...