2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: GM's hard at work

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Review

GM's hard at work
By kwbaron on

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

These are concerns expressed on this blog that no longer exist in this vehicle. Flash to pass is on this vehicle and it works with the HID high beams, I believe an industry first. Bluetooth is standard. It is now impossible to step on the brake and gas pedal at the same time. There is a single address book for the Bluetooth, navigation and OnStar systems. I compaired this vehicle to a Infinity 37x, Acura TL, and Lexus GS 350. All are excellent vehicles. Only the CTS DI AWD has the interior luxury of the Lexus (done in the distinctly GM style), the performance and efficiency of the direct injection engine (it runs on regular gas) and handling characterics of a European sedan.

Favorite Features

Microsoft's integration of navigation, Bluetooth and Onstar. Fully fold down rear seat (unavailable in the Lexus GS350 or the Acura TL). Efficiency of DI which increases performance and still runs on regular (unavailable in the Acura TL, Infinity G37x, or Lexus 350 GS). GM Red Tag pricing.

Suggested Improvements

It's too early to tell but if vehicle turns out to be as reliable as my Yukon XL, my Buick Park Avenue, and my Acura Legend, this will be the best vehicle I've every purchased.