2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Dream Car Nightmare

2009 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Dream Car Nightmare
By Sad CTS Owner on

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am so disappointed with my car that I can hardly stand to drive it and am considering simply not paying for it anymore. I spent months reviewing the car and even got advice from a coworker who has the car and is a GM family member. It has been one issue after another and is constantly at the dealership. I finally had to go to GM and threaten to stop paying for it to get their attention. After repeated trips to service, I had to use my phone to film a problem that I still have with the stereo sound not powering up. The front end shakes and is out of alignment again, it idles to high and the transmission feels rough and can be felt in the gear shifter. Dealer service quality is very poor.

Exterior Design is very pretty, like the bluetooth and hard drive.

Improve the quality of the cheap plastic parts inside and out. Teach dealer service people that not spending an extra minute to put things back where they belong so they don't fall off really hurts the image of GM, the dealer and also causes distrust that a quality repair was done.