CTS AWD (A W-icked D-rive)
By C B on
2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Because I'm from the North, that is, it snows here in winter, AWD was a necessity for me. When I was looking for a new ride I tried them all. To be fair, I looked at all AWD cars similarly equipped. So, in searching, I found: IS250 (no guts-204HP, no glory). G35X, too much $$$ when you add the Sport pkg, wasn't impressed much except for the exhaust note. M-B C300-4Matic, too much $$, period! BMW 3or5 X anything, ditto. One minute behind the wheel of the CTS, the choice was clear. Motor Trend Car of the Year, need I say more? When you add the Cadillac Care program and warranty items like a free loaner, free maintenance, etc. End story! Anyone saying bad stuff about this car needs help, fast.
Favorite Features
What's not to like! Nav system, french leather dash, Heated/cooled seats, steerable headlights, Bose sound system, 300+ horses, AWD, keyless start, the list goes on. My Thunder Gray CTS is one of the most interesting colors I've ever seen. I now know why Chip Foose would spend extra on paint, WoW!
Suggested Improvements
Interior storage, maybe, but only if it's for a sleeping bag, cause I ain't getting out. My wife misses me, or at least that's what she says when she calls me on the Onstar Hands-Free;-) Is it wrong to love your car? But seriously, areas for improvement are very hard to find, actually, impossible.