2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
At last!
By gunorthopod on 11/16/08 16:24 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At last, a car that meets and exceeds all my expectations. Previous car was a 2007 Mercedes CLS 550. Thirty nine days in the shop the first 14 months. Problems with faulty navigation, multiple creaks, rattles, and vibrations, AC blower motor defective, and catastrophic power failure twice. Transmission needed to be replaced.I engineered a lemon law buyback fortunately. I looked at Lexus and BMW but was enthralled by the CTS. What a car! Perfect fit and finish with more advanced electronics than MB. Everything works as described. More than adequate power with superlative handling and acceleration. The only thing I gave up was a one half second 0 to 60 time. GM and Cadillac have produced a world class car.

Great Car!
By Edward on 11/10/08 11:21 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 09 CTS to replace my 07 Infiniti. Prior to that I drove an 06 Infiniti and 03 BMW 5 series. The CTS is every bit as good and has better styling & ride. The performance and technology matches & surpasses my previous cars and the price was right. Cadillac has built a first class car that can compete with anyone.

Competing with the Germans!
By MK on 11/09/08 09:51 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many many cars, mostly German and some Japanese luxury brands, this CTS is my first US luxury sedan in 25 years! It certainly competes well with all those brands, but with all the incentives and employee pricing, value ratio was the best of them all. In fact, I traded in my 2008 BMW 335i twin-turbo coupe shortly after for another car!

CTS 09 FOR $39,000 Is Outstanding!
By Darren Cimino on 10/25/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Folks, GM/Cadillac is offering incredible cash back pricing on the CTS. I was able to load up fully and remain under 40 Grand. Cannot believe BMW or Mercedes is not having a heart attack over this American car. Absolutely love this vehicle running on regular gasoline!

Very Happy
By traderj on 10/14/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Made an unbelievable deal for the base model with GMS pricing (which is still available on the '09 base model), Lease Loyalty Cash, Bonus Cash (for paying cash), Rebates and GM Card rewards. Paid only 64% of MSRP. This is an attractive car inside and out. It is enjoyable to drive. A solid, but not harsh, ride. I am 5'10 165 lbs. and I think the seats are very comfortable. I could see where someone larger than me would think that the seats might be too narrow. Also rear headroom is limited to 6' adults. Rear visibility is very limited. This is my biggest knock against this car. But many cars I test drove had this same problem. Overall very happy!'

Not Grandma's Caddy
By Melinda on 10/14/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking at BMW, Mercedes, and Audi when I settled on the CTS. The quality of the interior and layout is far superior. The car is very sporty too. I get lots of compliments on it. The car doesn't need premium gas which is a huge plus. The voice activated command is nice and works well. Besides my 2005 Corvette, this is the first domestic car I've purchased in over 20 years. I have high expectations for my CTS and have not been disappointed.

Phenomenal Ride
By Ed Bauzenberger on 10/10/08 07:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Prior to my purchase of this outstanding motor vehicle, I owned a 2003 and then a 2005 Escalade. No vehicle that I have ever purchased even comes close to matching the 2009 CTS! This includes vehicles like Mercedes Benz and Audi. This CTS is absolutely pure fun to drive, gives a feeling of confidence in all driving situations and is extremely beautiful inside and out. People have come up to me and told me that they think that it is one gorgeous automobile.

CTS AWD (A W-icked D-rive)
By C B on 10/02/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Because I'm from the North, that is, it snows here in winter, AWD was a necessity for me. When I was looking for a new ride I tried them all. To be fair, I looked at all AWD cars similarly equipped. So, in searching, I found: IS250 (no guts-204HP, no glory). G35X, too much $$$ when you add the Sport pkg, wasn't impressed much except for the exhaust note. M-B C300-4Matic, too much $$, period! BMW 3or5 X anything, ditto. One minute behind the wheel of the CTS, the choice was clear. Motor Trend Car of the Year, need I say more? When you add the Cadillac Care program and warranty items like a free loaner, free maintenance, etc. End story! Anyone saying bad stuff about this car needs help, fast.

A Truly Terrific Car !
By MJLx2 on 09/30/08 06:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has it all. GREAT styling inside and out, fantastic handling and outstanding build quality. Fun to drive quotient is off the charts! I've driven my new CTS approx 2,200 miles in both suburban / expressway as well as an 800 mile highway driving. AWD glues the car to the road, yet provides a comfortable ride without sacrificing feel for the road. And, it's a head turner to be sure. Not a creak, squeak or rattle - this car is tight! My previous car was a Lexus ES330 and before that an Acura TL. Before buying I test drove Acura, Lexus and BMW's. The CTS is by far and away the best vehicle in it's class! Highly recommend the AWD and direct injection 304 HP options. Kudos Cadillac & GM!

This car will save GM
By Larry on 09/01/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Drove from Indianapolis to Vail and back. I encountered every conceivable weather condition except snow --sunshine, rain, and even hail; high buffeting winds and still air; temperatures from the 40's to the 90's. Indianapolis is 500 feet above sea level. Vail pass is 10,200 feet. I kept the cruise at 77/78, except in Colorado, where I found it easier to drive with the cruise off. The car is so smooth, quiet, and comfortable that I frequently found myself doing 90 when I was not using the cruise. The A/C was flawless in the 90 degree sun, and the cooled seats were wonderful. The drive was almost like playing a video game from my easy chair. I got 26.3 mpg going west and 27.1 returning east.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan in VA is:

$123 per month*