Used 2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2009 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

A Very Very Nice Car
By Bob

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my car now for almost a month and people are always telling nice car. It handles like a dream and very comfortable. I traded in a 2003 CTS which was a nice car but this 2009 CTS is a much better car, it looks so rich looking, more room in the front and the back. I love having the AWD, in New England you need it. All and All the CTS is a great car.

Favorite Features

I got the middle of the road in added features so I would say the whole car is my Favorite Feature.

Suggested Improvements

NEED More storage room, in the glove compartment, middle console and back storage, and a backup camera would be nice.

HUGE Disappointment
By Jim P

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First it was a harmonic imbalance that was so bad it caused me to be nauseous when I drove the vehicle. This took months to correct. Then it was a rattle in the driversí sun visor and it needed to be ordered and replaced. Then it was seriously squealing brakes that need to be replaced with about 10,000 miles on the car. Then it was a rattle so bad in the rear it sounded like to roof was falling at times. And still I have the rattle in the dash area that is so annoying I actually hate driving my car. Driving a new car at the price point of +$40k should be a WONDERFUL experience. This car is pure JUNK! No wonder your going belly up! You deserve it.

Favorite Features

The door opens so I can get out.

Suggested Improvements

Stop asking me to give you good marks on your service surveys

I LOVE my CTS
By Rhonda T

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned my CTS for a month, but I've been in love with this car since the 2008 model appeared on the market. The car is a joy to drive, wonderful ride, lot's of power, all that I could ask for.

Favorite Features

The ride and speed, French stitched leather sets, interior design, the sheer luxury of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing jumps out at me right now.

It's Just a Pretty Face
By Mad from Beantown

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car new in October 08 and just traded it in. This car was in the shop more than it was in my driveway... from rattles and squeaks to engine lights and a replaced transmission... the car looks great - but build quality is very poor. And GM/Cadillac apologized but were unwilling to step up and make it right (I repeatedly requested a replacement vehicle and I didn't want to go through the lemon law - nor should I have had to with this "flagship" product). I wanted to buy a GM with this purchase to help the cause... but they did nothing to reward my loyalty. Very disappointing all around. The car did look good while I had it!

Favorite Features

When the car was in my driveway instead of in the shop it looked good. Unfortunately that wasn't very often.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality and BACK THE VEHICLE.

A really good car
By jimmeryeso

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Fantastic car, Powerful and quiet. Excellent quiet ride. 40 gb hhd really lets you record all your cds. As much fun as my Carrera. Air cooled front brakes like my XJ 6.

Favorite Features

Engine and drive train

Suggested Improvements

More storage space in doors and center consuls.