2009 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Best in Class
By LScanlan on 01/13/09 12:24 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had been waiting for the right time to buy a CTS and when GM offerred the employee pricing promotion I jumped in. Didn't have to negotiate because the price was right. Although I wasn't planning to, because of the price I bought a fully-optioned DI mode. Wow. What a car. I traded in my 6 year old S-Type Jag for the CTS. Electronics have sure come a long way since the Jag was new. Now I have all the toys in a solid, powerful, beautiful, and moderately priced American vehicle that I can have serviced anywhere. If all GM vehicles were designed, built and equipped like the CTS, GM would rule the automotive world. This is a fun car to drive and a quite haven from road noise. Good job GM.

Way to go Cadillac
By ldw3 on 12/30/08 18:17 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Cadillac did an outstanding job with this new CTS. I was in the market for a new mid-size, luxury car for my wife. She drives 120 miles round trip to and from work, and this Cadillac fit the bill, with more luxury than we were expecting from a car costing $40 grand. We got the car with the Premium Luxury Collection, and my wife just loves the heated and cooled seats, the interior is as good as those cars costing twenty thousand dollars more. This car handles as good as any BMW or Lexus. The feel of the ride is almost as good as those high end luxury cars but just a bit hard with the sport pkg and 18 inch wheels, but not enough to make me look at any other make. Very good car.

22 Year Old Son Gone Nuts Over My CTS!
By Jacques T on 12/27/08 20:00 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Need we say more. First time ever my son showing off our Caddy! Quiet and quick acceleration, pretty impressive! My God how come the CEO's are begging Washington for the money? This car is real good for us. Would not surprise me if this car saves GM alone. Zero complaints.

Great Vehicle
By GoBeta on 12/26/08 17:56 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought this vehicle after extensive research, including BMW 335i, 535i, Infiniti M35/45, among others. This vehicle was the best value from a features & performance per dollar standpoint. The BMW's had a slight edge on drive experience and handling, but not enough to warrant the higher price and sacrifice on all other features. The technology inside the CTS is incredible, with only a few annoying exceptions (see below). I am very happy with this car and look forward to driving it every day. It has great curb appeal and is a vehicle that makes you feel great when driving it. If you like music, then you'll esp love it. Between the ipod interface, 40G hard drive, and XM, you can't ever run out.

GM's hard at work
By kwbaron on 12/20/08 03:25 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

These are concerns expressed on this blog that no longer exist in this vehicle. Flash to pass is on this vehicle and it works with the HID high beams, I believe an industry first. Bluetooth is standard. It is now impossible to step on the brake and gas pedal at the same time. There is a single address book for the Bluetooth, navigation and OnStar systems. I compaired this vehicle to a Infinity 37x, Acura TL, and Lexus GS 350. All are excellent vehicles. Only the CTS DI AWD has the interior luxury of the Lexus (done in the distinctly GM style), the performance and efficiency of the direct injection engine (it runs on regular gas) and handling characterics of a European sedan.

First American car ever in 16 years
By cts fan on 12/12/08 21:40 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had Toyota, Honda, Honda, Mini, Scion, VW and Honda. This is my first upgrade into the luxury category and I was thinking of a Lexus until I drove my new CTS. This car has it all. Looks, design, comfort, fun factor, reliability and safety. And did I mention looks!. I absolutely love it so far. It is just amazing.

One of the Best Sports Sedans Made!
By PJR on 12/12/08 16:10 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The '09 CTS is an absolutely fantastic car! I compared it to BMW, Audi, and Mercedes and liked the CTS best - no contest. You give up nothing at all, and the car is significantly less expensive than its rivals. Fit/finish, ride, handling, power, comfort and features are all 1st rate. Unlike some of the imports, this car fits both taller drivers (I'm 6'5") and shorter drivers (my wife is 5'3") very comfortably. It's really quiet on the road - no wind noise, squeaks, or rattles. The DI engine is responsive, powerful, and runs on regular gas. I frequently get comments from friends and co-workers: "You bought a what?!?" Then when I show it to them they say "Oh, now I get it. Great car!"

Really like this car 6 months later.
By Jake Spranerts on 12/04/08 19:55 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Straight through the gas spike crisis, this car managed approx 21MPG pretty hard driving. The vehicle tracks incredibly on the highway and might have the best overall feel of any car we purchased including nearly every foreign brand.

Rivals the Germans
By jaxattax on 11/23/08 10:48 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely love this car! Like most, I thought luxury came in the form a German automobile. This car changes all notions. Never considered a car from GM before, however, I am absolutely thrilled with this purchase.

Dream turned reality.
By Jacob K on 11/20/08 16:12 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a wonderful car. I saved for three years to purchase this car and thankfully I waited for the redesign in 08. The exterior is aggressive and looks beautiful. The interior is superb. Second to none in terms of interior fit and finish. I love the stitching of the leather seats, and the sepele wood accents make all the difference in terms of lux factor. I wish I would have upped to the nav system/upgraded stereo however. The double wide sun roof is great for the people in the back as well. It really makes all the difference in a car purchase when you can walk up to your car and smile every time. Being super young and being priviledged enough to drive a Caddy is a dream come true for me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Cadillac CTS in VA is:

$122 per month*