Used 2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Most Helpful|
At last!
By gunorthopod

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

At last, a car that meets and exceeds all my expectations. Previous car was a 2007 Mercedes CLS 550. Thirty nine days in the shop the first 14 months. Problems with faulty navigation, multiple creaks, rattles, and vibrations, AC blower motor defective, and catastrophic power failure twice. Transmission needed to be replaced.I engineered a lemon law buyback fortunately. I looked at Lexus and BMW but was enthralled by the CTS. What a car! Perfect fit and finish with more advanced electronics than MB. Everything works as described. More than adequate power with superlative handling and acceleration. The only thing I gave up was a one half second 0 to 60 time. GM and Cadillac have produced a world class car.

Favorite Features

Navigation which is intuitive with touch screen. Shifter with sport and competition modes. Ambient lighting

Suggested Improvements

Seats could have more lateral support.

Amazing Car, GM is Getting There
By exm22psu

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I really love this car, and I am picky. The steering feel, ride, and all the features for the price are hard to beat. On top of that, Caddy has a signature style with this car that sets it apart in looks and handling. That said, there are still some quality issues they need to address. There were some paint issues (underspray), a shaky side mirror, and creaks. Nothing too bad but these things should not take place on any car of this class. I would tell anyone to check out CTS before buying an import. This car has it all.

Favorite Features

Pop up Nav, power everything, ambient lighting, power, highway ride. Almost everything is great. Oh, and stereo too, wow, very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Quieter interior, better seats (they don't hug you but ended up being comfortable), better paint job, less rattles and squeaks.

Dream Car Nightmare
By Sad CTS Owner

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am so disappointed with my car that I can hardly stand to drive it and am considering simply not paying for it anymore. I spent months reviewing the car and even got advice from a coworker who has the car and is a GM family member. It has been one issue after another and is constantly at the dealership. I finally had to go to GM and threaten to stop paying for it to get their attention. After repeated trips to service, I had to use my phone to film a problem that I still have with the stereo sound not powering up. The front end shakes and is out of alignment again, it idles to high and the transmission feels rough and can be felt in the gear shifter. Dealer service quality is very poor.

Favorite Features

Exterior Design is very pretty, like the bluetooth and hard drive.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality of the cheap plastic parts inside and out. Teach dealer service people that not spending an extra minute to put things back where they belong so they don't fall off really hurts the image of GM, the dealer and also causes distrust that a quality repair was done.

Should have bought another truck
By fordman

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The last time I bought a GM product was 2004 and after three transmissions, swore I would never buy another. In an effort to help the US auto industry, I decided to try again. The transmission in the caddy has been slipping since purchase. The original diagnosis was a computer issue and some shims. The problem has progressed and we are headed back to the dealer again. The radio/NAV went out after 15,000 miles and brakes were replaced after a recall. Overall, the car looks good especially from the exterior. However, for nearly $50,000, I would have hoped for a car I could rely on. This ain't it!

Favorite Features

Good looks. NAV and On Star are first rate.

Suggested Improvements

Build a reliable car, please

HUGE Disappointment
By Jim P

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First it was a harmonic imbalance that was so bad it caused me to be nauseous when I drove the vehicle. This took months to correct. Then it was a rattle in the driversí sun visor and it needed to be ordered and replaced. Then it was seriously squealing brakes that need to be replaced with about 10,000 miles on the car. Then it was a rattle so bad in the rear it sounded like to roof was falling at times. And still I have the rattle in the dash area that is so annoying I actually hate driving my car. Driving a new car at the price point of +$40k should be a WONDERFUL experience. This car is pure JUNK! No wonder your going belly up! You deserve it.

Favorite Features

The door opens so I can get out.

Suggested Improvements

Stop asking me to give you good marks on your service surveys