2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Transmission Failure - Unhappy Owner
By Jerry Schofield on 08/19/09 19:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Expect this from your dealer and cadillac. If your automatic tranny fails like ours, cadillac will have you wait two weeks for the parts and a failed attempt to rebuild your transmission at least twice before they deem it appropriate to replace the transmission. Our new CTS spent 20 days of the first 29 days of ownership in the shop. As a "valued" Cadillac owner you'll spend dollars for nickel and dime service. The new "GM" is just as bad as the old "GM" or worse. No matter how great the car looks or drives, you won't enjoy ownership if you're treated like this. I do have regrets about buying a Cadillac. Chances are, you will too. Shame on you "Cadillac"!

Better Than I Ever Thought!
By Cooldude on 08/11/09 20:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I decided to buy a car, I wanted to stay domestic. I did look at the foreign models, but the only thing that stood out for me was BMW. I have owned GM before and have been overall impressed with their designs and comfort. What originally lured me in was the promise of excellence in design and my parents being Cadillac owners, but I was sold at first test drive. Love the car, love everything about it!! I'm afraid that between the customer service from Corporate Cadillac and the quality of the vehicle, I am now a Cadillac owner for life! Oh...FYI... I have read reviews about road noise... three words: sport-tuned- suspension... go back to that Lexus if you don't like it!

My first Cadillac
By Ltdc on 08/08/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I must say that so far it has been a mostly pleasant experience. I have the red CTS and it does draw it share of raves from family and strangers. One draw back I noticed immediately was the width of the A pillars in conjunction with the side view mirrors makes for a sizable blind spot. Backing the car up is a bit of a guessing game since you can't see the rear deck. You can't count on the computer to give accurate gas mileage readings. On the instant readout the mileage jumps all over the place including into the 40 + mpg range. The average MPG was showing 30.2 at 65 MPH without the AC on. If it was really getting that kind of mileage I think it would have been show on the EPA estimate.

Lives Up to the Hype
By BlockDaddy21 on 07/27/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With the automotive world giving such panegyrical reviews to this car, I figured it surely must be a ploy to get us to stimulate the economy and buy American. Prior to my '09 CTS, I owned a 2008 Acura TL Type-S that was my absolute favorite car. However, I drove the CTS, and it was all over. My 3.6 DI AWD is a real driver's car; it gives great feedback to the driver, corners like it's on rails, the brakes are phenomenal, and it has admirable throttle response. Not to mention great style! Overall build quality is great - no complaints in the first 7000 miles. I would recommend that anyone in the market check out the CTS among the typical mix of imports - you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Amazing Car, GM is Getting There
By exm22psu on 07/13/09 11:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I really love this car, and I am picky. The steering feel, ride, and all the features for the price are hard to beat. On top of that, Caddy has a signature style with this car that sets it apart in looks and handling. That said, there are still some quality issues they need to address. There were some paint issues (underspray), a shaky side mirror, and creaks. Nothing too bad but these things should not take place on any car of this class. I would tell anyone to check out CTS before buying an import. This car has it all.

Excellent Value for a Luxury Sedan
By CZ on 07/09/09 18:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First time owning a sedan and loving it. High quality finishes, fun to drive, and comfortable on long trips.

The Best Choice for an All Around Sedan
By John C. on 07/03/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My prior two cars were 2002 & 2006 Lexus LS-430 sedans. I established a decision criteria to keep it objective. I checked out Lexus LS/GS, Mercedes E, Jaguar XF, Infinity M, BMW 3/5, Lincoln MKS, Geneses, Audi4/6 & Acura TL. In the end, the BMW 535 and the Cadillac CTS stood out. We also own a BMW (& 4 before it). The ride/handling was about the same. Styling was aggressive versus classic. Seating was similar. Cost over three years was insignificant. The difference was the way the cars are actually equipped. BMW offers most of the same options, but they are not reasonably available. Ease of use was also big factor. Even my BMW driving wife agreed, the CTS was the best total choice.

Satisfied . . . mostly!
By Travis Rogers on 07/01/09 17:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about the car except for the gas mileage which isn't any better than the 2000 Sedan De ville I traded in for it. The storage spaces (doors, glove box, center console, trunk, etc.) are also quite small for the size of car. I got the blue diamond tricoat which is absolutely beautiful. The On-Star and cell phone service is cool and the stereo system is awesome. It handles beautifully and has plenty of smooth power!

Good ole American Muscle!
By welcomeperformanc on 06/26/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I havent even looked at american cars in 27 years! Finally checked out the CTS with DI. Great looks and performance. I tired of my 04 Lexus with a terrible tranny problem that they wouldnt adddress. It had zero performance. I was missing my 1972 GTO! i bought the CTS 3 weeks ago and i love it! I would put the quality up against any of the foreign manufacturers. I have the thundergrey and had people come uo to me in parking lots and say"wow, what kind of car is that"? GM has hit a home run with this line.

A Very Very Nice Car
By Bob on 06/21/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my car now for almost a month and people are always telling nice car. It handles like a dream and very comfortable. I traded in a 2003 CTS which was a nice car but this 2009 CTS is a much better car, it looks so rich looking, more room in the front and the back. I love having the AWD, in New England you need it. All and All the CTS is a great car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan in VA is:

$123 per month*