2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2009 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

2009 CTS Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
A world-class offering from Cadillac
By RandyL

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Given all of the incentives to purchase a new car, I decided to replace my '02 V6 Honda Accord EX, a fine car that I found to be extremely boring. When I read the reviews of the new CTS I was impressed. When I drove the car I was even more so. Now, after 9K miles I am comfortable in saying that it is everything I expected it to be. It is truly a world-class car, and GM & Cadillac should be justifiably proud. They have produced a distinctively American entry level luxury sedan with performance, style, and quality. There is no reason to add the phrase "for an American car" when comparing it to Euro or Japanese competitors. It's vehicles like the CTS that are critical to GM's recovery.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, performance, distinctive exterior styling, and first-class interior styling. Corners ferociously. BIG horse power from a naturally aspirated V6. I get to say "Damn right it's a Cadillac!" a lot.

Suggested Improvements

As other have mentioned, it is lacking in interior storage space. There's no sun-glass storage area and the center console and glove compartment are quite small. Visibility out the side mirrors is very limited, with some serious blind spots. I added small convex mirrors to both and it's better.

Transmission Failure - Unhappy Owner
By Jerry Schofield

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Expect this from your dealer and cadillac. If your automatic tranny fails like ours, cadillac will have you wait two weeks for the parts and a failed attempt to rebuild your transmission at least twice before they deem it appropriate to replace the transmission. Our new CTS spent 20 days of the first 29 days of ownership in the shop. As a "valued" Cadillac owner you'll spend dollars for nickel and dime service. The new "GM" is just as bad as the old "GM" or worse. No matter how great the car looks or drives, you won't enjoy ownership if you're treated like this. I do have regrets about buying a Cadillac. Chances are, you will too. Shame on you "Cadillac"!

Favorite Features

The car looks good, but as we've discovered, looks aren't everything! All this technology with ambient lighting and head lights that follow the steering is wonderful if you don't mind the service issues. We're not happy and just can't encourage anyone to go out and buy one. Sorry!

Suggested Improvements

Take care of your owners if you want them to keep buying your product We are first time and last time Cadillac owners. Oh, I almost forgot, what ever happened to auto volume control on premium radios? Constant volume control is required to overcome ambient noises. What a pain!

Better Than I Ever Thought!
By Cooldude

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I decided to buy a car, I wanted to stay domestic. I did look at the foreign models, but the only thing that stood out for me was BMW. I have owned GM before and have been overall impressed with their designs and comfort. What originally lured me in was the promise of excellence in design and my parents being Cadillac owners, but I was sold at first test drive. Love the car, love everything about it!! I'm afraid that between the customer service from Corporate Cadillac and the quality of the vehicle, I am now a Cadillac owner for life! Oh...FYI... I have read reviews about road noise... three words: sport-tuned- suspension... go back to that Lexus if you don't like it!

Favorite Features

Pop-up Nav... Awesome!! I-pod docking station.... Awesome- again! Interior design is second to none! Did I mention this thing hauls butt...for a V6!! Competitive Racing mode Rocks!

Suggested Improvements

More options standard. Front Seats could stand to be a little wider, but not too big of deal.

My first Cadillac
By Ltdc

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I must say that so far it has been a mostly pleasant experience. I have the red CTS and it does draw it share of raves from family and strangers. One draw back I noticed immediately was the width of the A pillars in conjunction with the side view mirrors makes for a sizable blind spot. Backing the car up is a bit of a guessing game since you can't see the rear deck. You can't count on the computer to give accurate gas mileage readings. On the instant readout the mileage jumps all over the place including into the 40 + mpg range. The average MPG was showing 30.2 at 65 MPH without the AC on. If it was really getting that kind of mileage I think it would have been show on the EPA estimate.

Favorite Features

The overall impression of the cabin makes for a pleasant driving experience. The ambient lighting is a nice touch. You do have to have the dash lights set to bright to fully appreciate it. You can get used to the XM radio without the advertisements and useless banter.

Suggested Improvements

Reduced blind spots. The 2 cup holders end up used for storage since they are in a storage area with a cover. A fold down rear seat. The cargo net is high and gets in the way when placing items in the trunk. A light in the engine compartment. Front cowl is 4 1/4" off ground. Should be fun in snow.

Lives Up to the Hype
By BlockDaddy21

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With the automotive world giving such panegyrical reviews to this car, I figured it surely must be a ploy to get us to stimulate the economy and buy American. Prior to my '09 CTS, I owned a 2008 Acura TL Type-S that was my absolute favorite car. However, I drove the CTS, and it was all over. My 3.6 DI AWD is a real driver's car; it gives great feedback to the driver, corners like it's on rails, the brakes are phenomenal, and it has admirable throttle response. Not to mention great style! Overall build quality is great - no complaints in the first 7000 miles. I would recommend that anyone in the market check out the CTS among the typical mix of imports - you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Favorite Features

Overall handling, interior styling, *Fast* GPS, iPod integration, braking, AWD system, adaptive front lighting, UltraView sunroof... just an amazing car!

Suggested Improvements

More POIs in the Navi, quieter cabin (although not bad as-is), more supportive seats for those of us with (ahem) wider seats.

Amazing Car, GM is Getting There
By exm22psu

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I really love this car, and I am picky. The steering feel, ride, and all the features for the price are hard to beat. On top of that, Caddy has a signature style with this car that sets it apart in looks and handling. That said, there are still some quality issues they need to address. There were some paint issues (underspray), a shaky side mirror, and creaks. Nothing too bad but these things should not take place on any car of this class. I would tell anyone to check out CTS before buying an import. This car has it all.

Favorite Features

Pop up Nav, power everything, ambient lighting, power, highway ride. Almost everything is great. Oh, and stereo too, wow, very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Quieter interior, better seats (they don't hug you but ended up being comfortable), better paint job, less rattles and squeaks.

Excellent Value for a Luxury Sedan
By CZ

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First time owning a sedan and loving it. High quality finishes, fun to drive, and comfortable on long trips.

Favorite Features

Interior layout and function. Pop-up Nav screen is neat, as well as the perimeter lighting at dash and footwells.

Suggested Improvements

Add a 400HP V8 as an option to the V6DI and make the V6DI as std. Perforated seats for heat/cool work well, but seat leather stretches and creases. Need thicker leather.

The Best Choice for an All Around Sedan
By John C.

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My prior two cars were 2002 & 2006 Lexus LS-430 sedans. I established a decision criteria to keep it objective. I checked out Lexus LS/GS, Mercedes E, Jaguar XF, Infinity M, BMW 3/5, Lincoln MKS, Geneses, Audi4/6 & Acura TL. In the end, the BMW 535 and the Cadillac CTS stood out. We also own a BMW (& 4 before it). The ride/handling was about the same. Styling was aggressive versus classic. Seating was similar. Cost over three years was insignificant. The difference was the way the cars are actually equipped. BMW offers most of the same options, but they are not reasonably available. Ease of use was also big factor. Even my BMW driving wife agreed, the CTS was the best total choice.

Favorite Features

Styling, fit & finish, GPS with OnStar with split screen including ease of use, air cooled seats (I live in AZ), fold-down rear seat, sound system, diagnostic system with real-time information, monthly reporting, dash board, superb ride and handling and acceleration. The dealer was the best also.

Suggested Improvements

I miss the rear-view camera from my Lexus, but the sensor system is acceptable. Combination driving achieves 23/24 mpg. Although that is still ok, more is better in this case.

Satisfied . . . mostly!
By Travis Rogers

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about the car except for the gas mileage which isn't any better than the 2000 Sedan De ville I traded in for it. The storage spaces (doors, glove box, center console, trunk, etc.) are also quite small for the size of car. I got the blue diamond tricoat which is absolutely beautiful. The On-Star and cell phone service is cool and the stereo system is awesome. It handles beautifully and has plenty of smooth power!

Favorite Features

power, size, color, on star, onboard cell phone, handling, comfort

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage, larger storage spaces

Good ole American Muscle!
By welcomeperformanc

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I havent even looked at american cars in 27 years! Finally checked out the CTS with DI. Great looks and performance. I tired of my 04 Lexus with a terrible tranny problem that they wouldnt adddress. It had zero performance. I was missing my 1972 GTO! i bought the CTS 3 weeks ago and i love it! I would put the quality up against any of the foreign manufacturers. I have the thundergrey and had people come uo to me in parking lots and say"wow, what kind of car is that"? GM has hit a home run with this line.

Favorite Features

When you get on it, she goes! Handling is great! Appearence!

Suggested Improvements

Get the quality word out GM! People need to know the story!