Used 2009 Cadillac CTS Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

2009 CTS
By Joan David

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Sharp but expensive to repair which I have had to do frequently. Also, headlight problems and hard to get any support with a recalled wiring harness which now they are trying to say it's discontinued maybe to avoid covering the cost on a recalled item? My advice, sell the car quickly and never buy another one. That is exactly my next move. I have had this car five years and thought after I paid it off it would last another five years. WRONG! Can't afford the repairs and hoping I can get rid of it.

Cheap plastic upholstery
By don N

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have a Cadillac since 1962 and this 2009 srs is the first one that I have had that didn't have real leather upholstery. I never thought about it at the time of purchase but I do now! I paid almost $40,000 for this car and at 15,500 miles the plastic upholstery on the drivers seat is already starting to stretch and fray. I'm not a big person at 165 lb. So it's not my size thats the problem its the cheap plastic crap they used for the seat covering. Not a bit of leather on these seats at all. What ever you do don't settle for anything less than leather. Remember Cadillac guarantee doesn't cover your upholstery. Gm should be out of business settling for this cheap upholstery material for a cad.

Does anyone look at these? especially the Cadillac division of GM. Also new buyers also.

Put real leather on the seats and not this plastic crap. For the price of a Cadillac leather seats are expected! Doors should be completely flush with each other when closed. Rear bumper should be much sturdier ford backed into Cad-Ford plastic bumper no marks Cads bumper bent and paint cracked.

Love my CTS
By cwilson

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I had been looking at the CTS since 2007, but the reports I read did not convince me it was the car for me. This year, however, everything I read was encouraging so I took the plunge and have very happy I did. My CTS is by far the best car I have ever owned. It does not get the best gas mileage, but that's not why I bought it. It is fun to drive, very comfortable, and the perfect size. It is the best looking car on the road (in my humble opinion!) and handles effortlessly. My next car will be another CTS if Cadillac maintains the integrity of the car.

Overall appearance, ride, comfort, and handling.

Back up camera would be about the only feature I can think that should be added.

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr sedan 3.6L
By jon

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Previously owned Mercedes Benz E420, BMW 328i, BMW 325i, Lexus LS 430. Never thought about ever owning a Caddy. Was considering buying BMW 525i or Merc E350, but felt that it is too common. Finally, gave the CTS a shot when I saw it in the showroom. Beautiful cutting edge design on exterior and interior and what an incredible driving experience, rival that of my previous BMW and Mercs.Way better than my Lexus in handling. Much quieter than my 2007 BMW 3 series on highway. Proof that GM can make good car if it wanted too. Highly recommend the new CTS, best bang for the money! One other bonus, dont have to use premium gasoline.

Exterior and Interior Design, Handling and Overall Performance. Turn heads everytime.

I LOVE my CTS
By Rhonda T

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned my CTS for a month, but I've been in love with this car since the 2008 model appeared on the market. The car is a joy to drive, wonderful ride, lot's of power, all that I could ask for.

The ride and speed, French stitched leather sets, interior design, the sheer luxury of the car.

Nothing jumps out at me right now.