2009 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Cheap plastic upholstery
By don N on 07/15/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have a Cadillac since 1962 and this 2009 srs is the first one that I have had that didn't have real leather upholstery. I never thought about it at the time of purchase but I do now! I paid almost $40,000 for this car and at 15,500 miles the plastic upholstery on the drivers seat is already starting to stretch and fray. I'm not a big person at 165 lb. So it's not my size thats the problem its the cheap plastic crap they used for the seat covering. Not a bit of leather on these seats at all. What ever you do don't settle for anything less than leather. Remember Cadillac guarantee doesn't cover your upholstery. Gm should be out of business settling for this cheap upholstery material for a cad.

Love my CTS
By cwilson on 11/08/09 12:30 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I had been looking at the CTS since 2007, but the reports I read did not convince me it was the car for me. This year, however, everything I read was encouraging so I took the plunge and have very happy I did. My CTS is by far the best car I have ever owned. It does not get the best gas mileage, but that's not why I bought it. It is fun to drive, very comfortable, and the perfect size. It is the best looking car on the road (in my humble opinion!) and handles effortlessly. My next car will be another CTS if Cadillac maintains the integrity of the car.

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr sedan 3.6L
By jon on 11/03/09 21:34 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Previously owned Mercedes Benz E420, BMW 328i, BMW 325i, Lexus LS 430. Never thought about ever owning a Caddy. Was considering buying BMW 525i or Merc E350, but felt that it is too common. Finally, gave the CTS a shot when I saw it in the showroom. Beautiful cutting edge design on exterior and interior and what an incredible driving experience, rival that of my previous BMW and Mercs.Way better than my Lexus in handling. Much quieter than my 2007 BMW 3 series on highway. Proof that GM can make good car if it wanted too. Highly recommend the new CTS, best bang for the money! One other bonus, dont have to use premium gasoline.

I LOVE my CTS
By Rhonda T on 05/29/09 16:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned my CTS for a month, but I've been in love with this car since the 2008 model appeared on the market. The car is a joy to drive, wonderful ride, lot's of power, all that I could ask for.

Love CTS's 6 Speed Manual Transmission!
By JamesO on 03/31/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Love to drive a manual transmission! The Cadillac dealership and the CTS were on my list of dealerships to visit, of those who had 6-speed manual vehicles. It was love at first sight on the car lot, with it's excellent looks in its' white tri-coat colour! The driving experience was great, with the FE3 sports suspension, +300hp direct injection engine, and with it's 18inch wheels. The turning radius was real tight! I could not pass up on the price. With my trade in, a $42,000 car for less than $29K! The Catera Touring Sedan (CTS) is a great buy in my opinion, and with the excellent service I've gotten so far from the dealership, Cadillac is one GM division that is making its' vehicles right.

Absolutely great car
By Birdie on 03/17/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After loving this car from afar ever since its re-design, I had the opportunity to purchase one. I purchased the car with the Luxury package and I couldn't be happier. While the car has an easy going glide to its drive, it also has command of the road. The accelaration and handling are quick and confident. The interior is extremely lush and full of technology. The outside of this car is stunning. My car is black on black and causes heads to turn. At full price, this car is underpriced. Luckily, Cadillac frequently offers financial incentives that are genuine and too good to pass up. Anyone who is looking for a performance luxury car should not pass this car by.

World Class CTS
By Steve S on 03/10/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The CTS is by far the best riding vehicle I have owned. The Styling is second to none. The CTS handles well at all speeds. Drives extremely smooth and very quiet. Excellent Quality. This car is best in class. Looked at all the competitors, CTS beat them all in price and value. GM did a great job with the CTS I highly recommend this vehicle.

This car will save GM
By Larry on 09/01/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Drove from Indianapolis to Vail and back. I encountered every conceivable weather condition except snow --sunshine, rain, and even hail; high buffeting winds and still air; temperatures from the 40's to the 90's. Indianapolis is 500 feet above sea level. Vail pass is 10,200 feet. I kept the cruise at 77/78, except in Colorado, where I found it easier to drive with the cruise off. The car is so smooth, quiet, and comfortable that I frequently found myself doing 90 when I was not using the cruise. The A/C was flawless in the 90 degree sun, and the cooled seats were wonderful. The drive was almost like playing a video game from my easy chair. I got 26.3 mpg going west and 27.1 returning east.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Cadillac CTS in VA is:

$122 per month*