2009 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
2009 nightmare
By jdpax16 on 07/11/14 11:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car about 2 years. While under warranty it was awesome. Now at 52,000 miles it has needed timing chains, and now a whole new tranny and transfer case. One owner,52k miles. This is ridiculous. I had a 1992 merc grand marquis with 176k miles that had original tranny and drivetrain. I have lost all faith in GM and their craftsmanship, quality, and customer service. Steer clear of these cars. Has now been in shop for two weeks with no end in sight. I have always been a automotive enthusiast with a deep passion for American muscle and performance but this experience has really tested my faith and trust in American auto makers

Love this CTS GM got it right !!
By cmvcts on 03/10/14 12:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car since May 2009, and love it. It is fun to drive and haven't had one problem what so ever. It has 74,000 miles on it and is at the dealer today, had them check it from the front end to rear end and it needs nothing !!! Still has the factory brakes on it !! The only thing I have done to it is oil changes and one set of tires at 74,000. I love this ride, can't get over this car, runs strong, and looks great. Love the black ice paint !! Great Job GM, I will buy another one in the future !!! This car was worth every penny I spent on it !!! Hennessy Cadillac in Duluth service dept is jam up !!!

Should have bought another truck
By fordman on 08/15/10 09:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The last time I bought a GM product was 2004 and after three transmissions, swore I would never buy another. In an effort to help the US auto industry, I decided to try again. The transmission in the caddy has been slipping since purchase. The original diagnosis was a computer issue and some shims. The problem has progressed and we are headed back to the dealer again. The radio/NAV went out after 15,000 miles and brakes were replaced after a recall. Overall, the car looks good especially from the exterior. However, for nearly $50,000, I would have hoped for a car I could rely on. This ain't it!

First Time Cadillac Owner
By JohnC on 07/31/10 07:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first upscale car, and I've not been disappointed. Great look & feel inside & out, superior driving experience (even with base 3.6 engine). Bold exterior design and black cherry color has drawn lots of compliments. Mileage is about as expected, 17-19 mpg in mostly city driving. Seems pretty good to me for an AWD car. Like one other reviewer, I had major transmission problem about 3 mos into ownership, which eventually required total replacement and about 2 wks in the dealership. However, dealer handled great, provided free loaner CTS for the entire time, so what's to complain about? No problems since. Overall a great vehicle and certainly the best car I've ever owned.

Cheap plastic upholstery
By don N on 07/15/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have a Cadillac since 1962 and this 2009 srs is the first one that I have had that didn't have real leather upholstery. I never thought about it at the time of purchase but I do now! I paid almost $40,000 for this car and at 15,500 miles the plastic upholstery on the drivers seat is already starting to stretch and fray. I'm not a big person at 165 lb. So it's not my size thats the problem its the cheap plastic crap they used for the seat covering. Not a bit of leather on these seats at all. What ever you do don't settle for anything less than leather. Remember Cadillac guarantee doesn't cover your upholstery. Gm should be out of business settling for this cheap upholstery material for a cad.

Love It
By NJ on 06/19/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I really enjoy my CTS Black Cherry is the color. This is my second CTS, the first one I leased. But I support the US cars and Cadillac has always been a winner for me! This is the right size for females 5'3"

25,000 mile review
By emquad46 on 06/06/10 05:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The first day out of the dealership an ignition coil failed and had to be replaced. Once fixed the car has been amazing. The road holding, acceleration and ride are on par with many sport sedans. The all wheel drive works flawlessly in snow, rain, etc. The drivers handle failed (antenna would not respond to the transmitter) last month and had to be replaced. The optional blue tint coat paint gets rave reviews where ever I go. The gas mileage averages 20.5 (80% road, 20% city).

Beautiful looking - but has issues
By Pat dp on 05/14/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

gas guzzler; squealing brakes; oil consumption problem; rumbling in engine when climbing hills; replacement of brake brackets and pad at 4500 miles! Nothing but problems. Shorted out wire; car broke down within 12 hrs. of pick from dealership; had to be flat-bedded back - a big red flag from day one! Gorgeous looking car but many problems! Hard to believe that there is no "low engine" light on the dash board - what were these engineers thinking?

Happy to finally buy american
By HappyCTSOwner on 01/20/10 14:08 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

i love this car. Have been a japanese fan for over 30 years becuase they built better cars but i can say that this car is built better than my Lexus. No problems to report after 9 months. I'm real happy about that:)

GREAT CAR
By GREAT CAR on 01/18/10 11:11 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My first American car in 30 years and I finally have a car I'm happy to say is as good as my Lexus, BMW and Mercedes I've had in the past. I hope GM keeps up the good work.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Cadillac CTS in VA is:

$122 per month*