Used 2009 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

2009 CTS
By Joan David

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Sharp but expensive to repair which I have had to do frequently. Also, headlight problems and hard to get any support with a recalled wiring harness which now they are trying to say it's discontinued maybe to avoid covering the cost on a recalled item? My advice, sell the car quickly and never buy another one. That is exactly my next move. I have had this car five years and thought after I paid it off it would last another five years. WRONG! Can't afford the repairs and hoping I can get rid of it.

CTS 09 Review Bought Used 50,000 Miles
By zachj7

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 09 CTS on a whim without test driving other cars which I regret partially. The 09 CTS is a nice car, looks very nice from the outside, has a respectable interior also. I wish I took a closer look at the Audi, BMW, and possibly the infiniti. My mom has a G37 which is a nicer car in my opinion. The CTS does have the image of being expensive if that is important to you. The car is very heavy but despite its weight, it is very nimble. I feel it could have a few more horses but it can pick up speed pretty well. The Gas mileage is horrible but it does take the 87 octane which is nice. That is a perk that other cars in this luxury category don't have.

Appearance Simple center display Nice for the tall guy (BTW, I am 6' 5'' and I fit comfortably)

Some of the vinyl quality could be better. Bigger trunk

make date problem
By James ODunn

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Depending on whether you got yours early or late in year makes a huge difference, the early months that year of 2010 where horrible and the later month models were better made parts. Labor and design on some parts to me at Cadillac is the problem...

AWD if it works after 30,000 miles.

plastic consoles, drive train parts, transmission parts, and ignitions! Hey but its a cadillac right? wrong. i can put a suede seat on a toilet too...

2009 nightmare
By jdpax16

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car about 2 years. While under warranty it was awesome. Now at 52,000 miles it has needed timing chains, and now a whole new tranny and transfer case. One owner,52k miles. This is ridiculous. I had a 1992 merc grand marquis with 176k miles that had original tranny and drivetrain. I have lost all faith in GM and their craftsmanship, quality, and customer service. Steer clear of these cars. Has now been in shop for two weeks with no end in sight. I have always been a automotive enthusiast with a deep passion for American muscle and performance but this experience has really tested my faith and trust in American auto makers

the car is gorgeous In and out with breathtaking styling and cutting edge design

reliability, quality, customer service

Love this CTS GM got it right !!
By cmvcts

2009 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car since May 2009, and love it. It is fun to drive and haven't had one problem what so ever. It has 74,000 miles on it and is at the dealer today, had them check it from the front end to rear end and it needs nothing !!! Still has the factory brakes on it !! The only thing I have done to it is oil changes and one set of tires at 74,000. I love this ride, can't get over this car, runs strong, and looks great. Love the black ice paint !! Great Job GM, I will buy another one in the future !!! This car was worth every penny I spent on it !!! Hennessy Cadillac in Duluth service dept is jam up !!!

Love the interior, heated and cooled seats. The car comes alive when you hit the gas pedal to the floor. Love the Black Ice paint job.

Car needs more space for phones, cups etc....