2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: What a disappointment

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

What a disappointment
By herb on

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I decided to take a chance on an American brand car after years of buying toyotas, hondas, nissans and mazdas. I loved the styling of the cts, and even knowing the poor reliability record of cadillacs and gm in general, I decided to take a chance on them. What a huge mistake! Within one month of owning the car, I had the first of numerous problems with this car. I had to have the sound system entirely replaced, and again less than one year later! From day one I experienced squealing from the brakes as I have heard many other owners have had. This is unacceptable in a so called premium automobile brand or any car period! The final straw was a non functioning fuel gauge. Maybe gm should hang it up!

Style, performance, and interior.

Reliability and build quality!You have a long way to go to equal Japanese brand vehicles or other domestic brands. Even with Toyota's recall issues, I would buy one over a GM product any day!