The Love Affair is Over
By jguerin77 on
2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I have decided that owning a Cadillac CTS is like dating a beautiful woman with a black heart: they are gorgeous to look at, but they will do you wrong every time. I had a 2004 CTS first, and I had multiple security issues with it requiring trips to the dealer to fix. The my son totaled it when he hit a deer doing 75MPH. I do like the looks of the CTS, so I bought a 2008 CTS 4 as a replacement. It had 28,000 mi. I have had many issues with it as well. First, it uses oil, and the oil MUST be checked every 1500 miles or you will be in trouble. I checked mine at 3000 (after a #60 oil change since it uses synthetic oil), and NO oil registered on the dipstick. No leaks. CTSs just use oil.
Favorite Features
Looks great. Mechanically a dud.
Suggested Improvements
I have had two recalls on this car, back door lock had had to be fixed, driveshaft snapped in two on a trip, and it took 3 WEEKS to get it fixed. Never did get my rental car reimbursement. Passenger side AC gauge was stuck at 60, and the part is $700. I left it broken. Now the service air bag light came on, and it is $1,000 for the part. The tire sealant air pump that came with my car worked one time and s now defective and has to be replaced despite me having spent $38 bucks to refill it. When you get your checkbook out to pay for this car, just keep it open. You will continue to pay as long as you own it. Very disappointed!