2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic w/Direct Injection Consumer Review - So Far, So Good

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So Far, So Good
By Mark on

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Former Lexus owner. Shopped against BMW 5 series, Audi A4 and Lexus 330. BMW dealer compares CTS DI with its 220 hp 3 series -- not even close unless you like stripped down, slow German cars. Lexus 330 was close, but is a lot more conservative looking and $3,000 more. With all the bells and whistles, none could come close to the Cadillac. I thought I was too young for a Cadillac sedan, but this car has exceeded my expectations and draws compliments from friends and clients.

Favorite Features

Pop-up display screen with I-pod integration. Remote starting gets the a/c running before I get in. After years of buying foreign, it feels good to drive an American car on par with (if not exceeding) the imports.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, and a larger gas tank. Bluetooth should not be aftermarket, but I think they now all have it integrated Bluetooth. Trade less trunk space for more rear seat legroom. The appearance of the high end model should stand out over the base model.