2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic w/Direct Injection Consumer Review - Piece of Junk

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic w/Direct Injection)

Piece of Junk
By ej on

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car when it's not in the warranty service shop. Have 24,000 miles on it, and it has had two major repairs. First, at 12k miles, the cheap plastic clips that hold up the wiring harness broke in cold weather and the fan destroyed the harness. Then after the check engine light came on at 24k, and the inferior timing chain had to be replaced. Now, I;m told the service codes indicate the cam/crank misalignment. Pretty sad for GM's "flagship" car line. Then there's been constant leaks in the door seals (repaired three times), which whistle above 40 MPH. The premium Bose sound is a disappointment This is my 1st & last Cadillac.

Favorite Features

The interior and exterior look good. Articulating headlights and headlight washers.

Suggested Improvements

A drive train that does not need serious repairs after 24k miles. What am I to expect when the car has 34k, 44k, or 54k miles on it? I don;t know because I'll soon be rid of this GM junk!