2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Lots to like

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic w/Direct Injection)

Lots to like
By OttawaUser on

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My CTS has the FE3 suspension and the 304 hp direct injection engine. Performance: I like to drive quickly. Power, tracking, grip and dynamics are all excellent. Performance brakes are really powerful (but touchy at low speeds), and also necessate 18" wheels for snow tires - 17" won't fit. In sport mode the auto transmission matches speeds perfectly, a bit less smooth in regular mode. Interior is put together really well. Feels much roomier than G35. Seats very good. Controls very well thought out. Stereo with 40 GB HDD is truely awesome. My only quibble - needs more storage bins in front and a place for sunglasses. Overall I love it and find myself looking for excuses to drive.

Favorite Features

Power, braking, handling and dynamics. Well put together interior. Extra interior room compared to competition. I am tall and got mine w/o sunroof. Uses regular unleaded. The whole package is really well put together.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger storage bins and provide a sunglasses holder. Make brakes less "grabby" at low speeds. Smoother shifting/less sensitive throttle in regular mode. Otherwise pretty much perfect.