2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Jury still out - getting conce

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Jury still out - getting concerned
By Steve on

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle in February right off the showroom floor. Great fun to drive, sharp looks. I wanted the wood trim interior and the large sunroof. The car is very smooth on the road and handles well since it is rear wheel drive. Interior space is a bit tight. Storage cubbyholes and trunk space are spare. Quality issues have come up. Two weeks after the purchase the steering went out (fluid leak around the rack) - that was in the shop for two more weeks getting fixed (free loaner, thankfully). Just today the radio went out. I have the high end radio (no nav) with the 40 GB HD. The radio now only picks up AM intermittently. I am a little worried and even considering trading.

Favorite Features

Great interior design with wood and leather. Very sharp exterior look - I just enjoy walking up to get in the car. Great handling, good power. Cool oversized sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Several things should be standard on a Cadillac and are not. Universal door remote for garage door, remote start on key fob, push button start, bluetooth - all are either not available or require a higher package. The interior space is fairly tight - 4 people are a tight fit.