2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Great car, nice ride.

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Great car, nice ride.
By sp4rt4nz on

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My first American car, after several Japenese sedans. The styling and build quality are excellent. I've had a few quirky problems, but no less reliable than the Toyotas, Infiniti, and Nissans that I've owned. The CTS has been much more reliable than the G35 which I traded. The CTS has been a low maint vehicle as I do oil changes and tire rotation only every 10K miles. I've been averaging 20 mpg in mixed driving, which is a bit disappointing, but it only requires non-premium fuel. This is no BMW, but I also paid $7K less than a comparably equipped 3- series and the CTS is much roomier for a 6ft. 200lb driver.

price, AWD is good in the snow, comfortable seats, sporty handling for a sedan, decent acceleration for a V6 but I wish I'd bought the DI-engine for added power, ease of dash controls.

had a speaker problem that took months to fix; could use a slightly quieter ride especially from rear window/door area, better gas mileage (or offer hybrid option), braking could be more responsive, servicing at Cadillac dealer is excessively expensive.