2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Be careful before taking deliv

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Be careful before taking delivery
By Disapointedgmowner on

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just brought my new CTS after looking for a car for some time. The interior is beautiful and sold me. That was my mistake. I looked the car over admiringly since, and was annoyed that at $40K+ car would not have a rear bumper that was aligned properly. The dealer informed me that it is a manufacturing defect and it is normal that the bumper be out of alignment on one side of the car or the other. "The bumper is just too big" was the actual reply. I've contacted Cadillac through their web site and been given a very thoughtful run around. I could have learned to live with the defect, having been a loyal GM owner for 20+, but the responses and lack of care make me wish I had not bought it.

Interior is wonderful minus some wind noise and rattles. Would have been better if the salesman had told me Bluetooth was not installed till I was driving off the lot.

The rear bumper needs to be fixed. All prospective buyers should take note of this defect. Further, Cadillac should not provide customer service through their web site that responds via email.