2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Architectural Masterpiece

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic w/Direct Injection)

Architectural Masterpiece
By psdesertrat on

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a AWD auto with all options. I've owned 20 autos in 30 years. This is the best design and execution of what I've owned and compared the CTS to. In two months, the CTS has been driven through heavy rain, ice and snow. It handles as well as any 4x4 I've owned. I traded my STS V8 and never looked back. It is by far the most tactile, entertaining, and visually pleasurable vehicle yet. I drove the A4 and 325 AWD's. In comparison, the CTS controls are the most intuitive. I could not figure out how to turn the BMW/Audi radios off during the test drive! With the CTS as good as it is, we cannot wait for the replacement of our DTS perfomance sedan.

OnStar and it's features. AWD for mountain, bad weather driving. The nav with the hard drive is the best system I've seen yet. Visually, the exterior and interior lighting is the best of design in the class. The fold down seats for hauling. The cruise buttons on the steering wheel. Size of the car.

The front seats need to have longer seat cushions. It needs to have more storage; there is no secure place for sunglasses. But the most wished for is to have the steering wheel reset to my position automatically like my STS and DTS does when the car is unlocked. Unavailability of bluetooth link.