Almost there, but not quite yet.
By omegafiler on
2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased a fully loaded 2008 CTS w/ DI brand new and ended up trading it in about 5k miles later. So you can see where this is going. Overall the car was great, fun the drive, and looked very nice. But after 6 dealer visits and a few annoying issues unresolved, it had to go. The big issue with this CTS and ALL of the CTS's I tested was poor build quality and materials. Every piece of plastic squeaks in the car from the center stack, to center console, to the cheap "chrome" bezel on the IP. Like rattles? Plenty of those around the sunroof, doors, etc. This is not what I or anybody expects from GM's 'best' car they are offering for sale right now. If GM can fix that, they might survive.
Favorite Features
Interior design, navigation system, stereo, handling, HID's, heated/cooled seats, keyless entry, and various other "high-tech" features.
Suggested Improvements
Improve build quality and materials! And trust me, I didn't just get a "lemon." They're all the same. Beyond that, everything else is relatively minor. Such as Nav volume issues, limited Bluetooth features, lack of low-end torque, no "push- button" start, more supportive seats, etc.