Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Squealing Brakes
By Gaylan B.

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Everything is fine with this car except the brakes have been squealing from day one. Initially, I was told that the problem was due to weather conditions, but eventually a dealership in Texas informed me that the quality of the metal used to make the brakes was inferior, and there was nothing to be done to resolve the problem, except to replace the brakes in hopes of getting some that do not squeak. I have been waiting for the new brakes for over three weeks. It is disheartening to be driving such a car and the brakes sound so terrible.

Applause Well Deserved
By Bill

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned Audi, Jag, Acura, and Infiniti. The 2008 CTS has them all beat in terms of overall performance and comfort. Averaging 2,000 miles per month of combined city/hwy driving with overall fuel economy of 22 mpg on reg gas. AWD has handled the lake effect snow in Buffalo with no problem and highway driving is more fun and just as comfortable as a Q45.

Favorite Features

Interior, nav/sound system, and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Larger outside mirrors with turn indicators. Upgrade interior sunroof trim as it makes slight noise in cold weather.

Dissappointed, and surprised
By Jamie K

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Disappointed, and surprised. Others don't agree. My father picked up the newly redesigned CTS last year as his third Cadillac. As I am a huge BMW fan, the 2008 CTS falls way behind. First, big improvement over the embarrassing interior design of the first CTS, but the looks deceived me. When I drove the car, I was disappointed in many things. The driver's seat is too tight and not appropriate for a luxury car. The dashboard looks beautiful, but its functionality is poor, and again too tight a fit. Acceleration is typical GM, jumpy with an intense torque if you don't have a gentle-minded foot. The dealer-installed rear bumper proximity beeper is downright annoying.

Favorite Features

Exterior.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs a dashboard thatís as clever to use as it looks. The passenger side front suspension had to be replaced in less than a year. The steering wheel is cheap. No auto- up/down window buttons on every door says this car IS cheap. Heated seats/buttons are poor. Very little justifies the price

After one Year of Driving
By Michael

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car! I have owed many fast cars but this one is fast, corners like crazy and is a great luxury vehicle at the same time! I am getting 20 mpg around town and 26-28 on the highway! Mine has the F2 suspension with the direct Injection. If this car holds together like I think it will I will buy another (assuming GM is still in business).

Favorite Features

Power, cornering ability, and looks.

Suggested Improvements

More storage for sunglasses, etc. inside the vehicle.

Love this car
By Mark Nethers

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Easily the best car that I have ever owned. Have driven 3,000 miles the first two weeks that I have owned it. Fantastic ride, gas mileage, styling. Never thought that I would actually love a car. I was wrong. Would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Slight blind spot on drivers side rear view mirror.